Looking into getting either the Agile AL2000 or the 3010. Leaning towards the 3010, but going to upgrade the pickups either way. I was thinking about going with the SD Blackouts, but I'm not sure if there would be something better.

Basically, my question is: would it be better to buy the 2000 and use the money to upgrade the pickups or buy the 3010 and save up some more to buy them. On top of that, what pickups would be best (EMG 81-85, Blackouts, Invaders, some DiMarzio pickups...)

My style is heavy metal. Along the lines of Structures, Whitechapel, After The Burial style.

Thanks!
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
If you wanna do that kind of stuff I'd seriously suggest a 7 string.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Have one already. Looking to get a nice backup guitar that I can use every once in a while for a different style.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Deffinately get the 3000. The AL 2000 is a fine guitar but the 3000 is much better, they use better woods and hardware on it plus the 3000 has a lot more attention to detail put into the fretwork. The 3000 is hand filed frets.
Quote by Headbanger_1
Have one already. Looking to get a nice backup guitar that I can use every once in a while for a different style.

In that case, I'd get the 3000.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Okay then, what pickups should I be interested in putting in? I have always had EMG 81-85s in my guitars, but I would like to try something new. So any suggestions?

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by Darkdevil725
Deffinately get the 3000. The AL 2000 is a fine guitar but the 3000 is much better, they use better woods and hardware on it plus the 3000 has a lot more attention to detail put into the fretwork. The 3000 is hand filed frets.

'Hand filed frets' is pretty meaningless. If anything, having a CNC machine do it is better for fretwork because CNC's can dress frets so much better than humans can with a file.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Headbanger_1
Okay then, what pickups should I be interested in putting in? I have always had EMG 81-85s in my guitars, but I would like to try something new. So any suggestions?

high output passives. i have a emg set in one of my guitars and i can honestly say they aren't that good when you compare them to actual quality produced passives.
Quote by Ashe_Mc
high output passives. i have a emg set in one of my guitars and i can honestly say they aren't that good when you compare them to actual quality produced passives.

So... Dimarzio X2N or Super 3? Or SD Distortion Mayhems or Invaders?

I liked the invaders when I played on them before but haven't tried any of the DiMarzios or the Mayhems.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
I actually love the sound of Blackouts in an LP shape. Was perfect for me, but i play more of a heavy rock/metal influenced style. I think the Blackouts would work fine for what you're doing. Just curious, what amp are you playing through?
If your about to go with a les paul shape but intend to swtich pickup for emg etc.. than go for an ESP LTD ec-1000 . its 600-700 .. but the guitar will be ebtter thjan the agile 3000 and ready for metal out of the box .

i love my 3000 and 3200 .. but the esp ec-1000 is just a beast made for metal and outstanding guitar . better than the agile 3000 .

but the agile SLIM is the best neck for my small hand . but if your after a regular agile .. than go ESP LTD ec-1000 instead .. outstanding guitar with emg . and the quality control and overall construction is probably bete rthan the agile

esp (ltd) ec-1000 if oyu can afford it . great guitar > agile 3000 .

im a agiel 3010 et 3200 owner and i would still recommenc an ltd ec-1000 .

but the slim neck of the agile is what sold me to agile .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 20, 2012,
Quote by Headbanger_1
So... Dimarzio X2N or Super 3? Or SD Distortion Mayhems or Invaders?

I liked the invaders when I played on them before but haven't tried any of the DiMarzios or the Mayhems.

Dimarzio D-Activators.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
the invader is out of contorl feedback wise IMO .

go for a guitar straight with emg if its what your after .. or maybe something with less feddback .

the les paul is a solid body guitar .. you already have a lot of bottom .. the duncan sh-8 is very bassy = hello mudfest .

the sh-8 goes into a strat .. not a les paul . too much bass .. it a speciality pikcup toi tame up the bright sound of a strat . dont put it in a les paul .

just my opinion ..

the sh-8 is out of control feedback wise .
a good compromise is the sh-6 duncan distortion .. more power than the jb sh-4 .. and less than the sh-8 .. kinda fit between . would go well in a les paul .. i have it in my agile and sound good .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 21, 2012,
Similar sitch.

Want a new guitar to go with my soon-to-be new amp.

Looking into the Agile Les Pauls.

I really like the black on gold hardware, willing to compromise tho.

I play weird bass heavy stoner rock but might dip into drone, other doom (think Katatonia), sludge-fusion shizz (think mastodon)

my question is, what pickups do you nigs recommend?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
again the agile 3000 come with rock pickup 8.4 dc resitance , not built for metal .

if you looking for a agiel 3000 with a greater construction construction and a metal axe .. go for an ltd ec-1000 . better quality contorl, better component etc..

the esp ltd -ec 1000 is one hell of a guitar .. you can find one wthaty fit oyur teste out of the box .

http://www.espguitars.com/images/news/new2012/EC-1000.png

and damn the new metallic sunburst ec-1000 is AMAZING .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
I love ESP guitars, but yes, I was looking at the slim neck. Much easier for me to play on.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by shecter guy
I actually love the sound of Blackouts in an LP shape. Was perfect for me, but i play more of a heavy rock/metal influenced style. I think the Blackouts would work fine for what you're doing. Just curious, what amp are you playing through?

Right now, I'm selling my amp (a crappy Crate GLX212) but am saving up. Hopefully going to get a 6505 or better yet a 6505+ at some point, but that may not be until next year. In the mean time, I was just going to be practicing/recording on a friends power amp and possibly his axefx if I can get my hands on it...

But otherwise it will be run through a 6505+ at any shows it will be used at.

And I'm thinking I may go with the D Activator in the 3010 slim. Sounds like an awesome combo to me! Anyone disagree?

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy