Hi guys. Im a noob at recording and im trying to get one specific sound.
It sounds like someone doing a dive bomb on a floyd but its done with a vst. any ideas on the name of the effect and id really appreciate if there is some tutorial on youtube on how to achieve the sound

here is a sample of what i mean. 2:44 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ntMXKlP-sU

cheers guys
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Any pitch shift VST will be able to do what you're looking for.
Let's party.