I never understood the hate for Spiders tbh. But then again, I've never played one.

I'm digging the playing of the second video though.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I read.

I wept.

And then I said "Ha ha screw you I bought a Jet City JCA50H for $300."
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by skylerjames13
I never understood the hate for Spiders tbh. But then again, I've never played one.
The hate for Spider comes from everyone having to suffer listening to the playing of noob guitarists who think that turning the gain all the way to maximum is a good idea.

I was one of them.

To be honest, they're not too bad when you use the gain in moderation. Of course they don't compare to higher end amps, and you could probably even do better in the same price range, but hey, they're not completely shit. I mean, the smaller ones are.
Quote by skylerjames13

It's basically a UG-specific meme, really.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Spiders can dial in really good tones if you know what a "Good" tone sounds like. Just the kids who play them are horrible, and think the Slipknot preset is god mode.
Most modeling amps are pretty dildos. The thing is, most people who get them and claim that they're great are new guitarists who haven't heard anything better. I know because I was one of them. I absolutely despise my Vypyr now, after almost ~four years of having it.
Quote by skylerjames13

I'm digging the playing of the second video though.

They tend to push them on new guitar players who don't know what they're looking for, so a lot of us begrudgingly grew up on them.

EDIT: I think the Valveking is pretty good for its price though?
I guess I'm just out of touch.
Last edited by Hiterto at Feb 20, 2012,
^They are

It has a lot to do with how the videos are setup. The peavey demo for example was way behind the production quality of the spider demo.

Still I liked the blues junior best.
RIP Gooze

cats
all of those aren't bad except the spider.

i had a vt30 and was versatile for the price. luckily it broke and gave my an excuse to jump on a peavy ultra 112 for real cheap.
The HT5R is a great amp. I've never played a Spider, but I'm well aware of the disdain for modelling amps in general. Never understood it myself. Of course you're not going to get the creamy tones you would get from warm tubes, but I love my Roland Cube and would recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable practice amp.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570