'Sup guys! I need some advice/personal opinions/experiences to help me buy my first valve head. I'll start off with saying that I live in Australia and I'm not close to any music shops to just go play them. The music shops I can go and try out only have a bunch of Marshall's (I want to try something else) super expensive Engls, mesas and oranges.

Second up I have a budget of about $1000

Heads I've sort of thought of are,

Bugera 6262/333xl
Orange dark terror
Peavey valveking

I've heard bad things about the bugera reliability so I'm real worried about going down that path.

What else is out there that will suit modern high gain deathcore (suicide silence, molotov solution, thy art is murder) style tones?

At the moment I am playing with a schecter demon 7 through a korg ax3g multi effects, Marshall valve state 50w head and a Marshall mc412b cab.
I cand help you with amp choices, but americans need to know for price reference

a fender deluxe 3 sells for $1400 over here.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
DARK TERROR FTW, but that might not give you as much crushing gain as you need,it really more for hard rock and less articulate metal. You could try a Peavy 6505 or 3120 as they're pretty much the death metal amp standard nowadays except for mesas.
GEAR:
1987 Ibanez RG550 w/ DiMarzio PAF Pro and Bare Knuckle Aftermath
Fender Jaguar Classic Player Special HH
Ibanez RGT42 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez AEG10E Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe w/ Celestion Vintage 30
Quote by rocknroll93
I cand help you with amp choices, but americans need to know for price reference

Im not sure what a fender deluce 3 sells for but an Ibanez RGA7 sells for $1195

for all you needing a comparison rate.
Quote by rocknroll93

No it doesn't. You're about $300 over what they do go for.

Quote by I.slam.
Im not sure what a fender deluce 3 sells for but an Ibanez RGA7 sells for $1195

for all you needing a comparison rate.

You're about $300 over what they actually go for.

TS, are you gigging at all? Check out the Jet City JCA50 combos, Valveking, Classic 30/50 (would need a boost) and the new Laney Ironhearts. An Ironheart would be pretty much perfect, a little over budget IIRC but since they just came out I'm not 100% on the prices.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yea I will be gigging in the coming months. No
Combo suggestions please.

Does anyone know anything about the Ibanez Thermion? Or whatever it's
Called.
Quote by I.slam.
Yea I will be gigging in the coming months. No
Combo suggestions please.

Does anyone know anything about the Ibanez Thermion? Or whatever it's
Called.

What? What's wrong with a combo?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by I.slam.
I don't want a combo. My cab I have now will then be useless.

Be aware that you'll be limiting yourself if you decide go for the head exclusively - take 6505, the head version here in EU is almost twice the price of a 60w combo. Also, keep in mind that - depending on your cab impedance, you MIGHT be able to get the combo and still hook it up to your cab. What cab do you have exactly?

Valveking is an awesome rock/trash metal amp with sweet cleans, I have it myself, but it's not built for deathcore... I've seen people do melodic death metal with some mods tho. It's a quality amp, but not the best choice for you.
Aren't oranges hella expensive? I think they're in the range of 6505, with which you'd be better off.
Out of all three I think those Bugeras might be the most adequate, however be aware that their quality is somewhat lacking. Be that as it may, 6262 is 6505's clone, and except for a few very small differences, you could be getting a 100w head with a ton of pre amp gain without going bankrupt.
Try to get a used 6505. Nothing else cheaper is going to pull off those tones anywhere near as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The Dark Terror is worth considering, but ideally a 6505 would be the one. You really should think about the 6505+, it's infinitely giggable and is in your price range. If you sell your cab you'd be laughing.

A Marshall DSL50 or 100 is worth looking at too. If that doesn't have enough gain (which I doubt) then it's nothing an OD pedal in the front can't sort out.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
If you're worried about the Dark Terror not being high gain enough, you can always try out the Jim Root signature. It's got a 3 band EQ and is really great. I'd recommend you to look it up.