depends on the sound your going for. do you want the modern sound with the annoying clicky bass drum or the classic bass drum sound? the bass drum will determine how your EQ the bass
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I tend to just notch some room out of the bass guitar and boost the kick at around 50 hz for a more modern sound.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Eggmond
depends on the sound your going for. do you want the modern sound with the annoying clicky bass drum or the classic bass drum sound? the bass drum will determine how your EQ the bass

Yeah I'd be going for a more modern sound, I hate to pester but is there any other advice you can give me because "EQ the bass" is a little bit broad.

Quote by ChemicalFire

which frequencies should i cut for the bass? 50 khz isn't working it just makes the bass drum drown out the bass even more
Normally when I mix bass, I have a heavily compressed bottom end and a routed track which is just top end distortion. I've never really had a problem with the kick/bass mixing. It does probably entirely depends on what kinda kick drum sound you're using (your link doesn't play for me so I can't tell)
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
This guy is really good for just improving parts of your mix, this should help you a lil bit to get the bass and kick nicely blending. I recently used it, works a charm

might help if i inserted the URL! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qpFSpTHvwk&feature=plcp&context=C3ad18eeUDOEgsToPDskKUJ9r75z-DUx-lcGnN97Oo
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Oh and to get that click on the bass drum so it cuts through, boost around 4kHz i beliebe (could be wrong) on the in-kick mic i think. gives a nice hard rock/metal click
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Odriunn has a very good walkthrough and provides clips to mix along, and only uses free plugins:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490850&highlight=metalcore+mixing

It's more specific to metalcore, but the techniques can be applied to everything.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Odriunn has a very good walkthrough and provides clips to mix along, and only uses free plugins:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490850&highlight=metalcore+mixing

It's more specific to metalcore, but the techniques can be applied to everything.

Pretty much exactly what i was looking for, hes even using the same amp VST's as me, thanks!