I have an ibanez GRG270B ..
two days ago i pulled my whammy bar hard and the D string's saddle (i think it's the saddle) was torn off the bridge..
i screw it and everything was fine but couple of hours later the string started buzzing really hard and i noticed the saddle (or whatever) was unstable..
i screw everything as much as i could but it's still the same..
here is the problem:
(Invalid img)
in red square is the part that unstable
Last edited by Elushka1 at Feb 20, 2012,
that picture really doesn't help..have you checked to see if anything has snapped off?
If it loosens up as you play my guess is that the screw holding the saddle to the plate stripped a little and is pulling loose. Examine the threads on it for damage. If it looks fine the screw hole may have stripped threads instead.
can you explain what 'pulling loose' and 'stripped' mean in context for guitar ?
(I'm new to all that guitar parts, and as you can guess Im not from the US)
thx for the reply !
Did the entire saddle pull off or just the part you have outlined? I mean the screw toward the front of the entire saddle that hold it to the bottom plate (closest to the pickup side). Take it out and see if the threads on the screw look damaged. If the whole saddle didn't come off I'm thinking maybe just the string pulled out of the saddle and the little black block came loose? Is the black block in place where it should be to clamp the string?

Also is that photo your actual guitar in question or an internet photo. A picture of the actual bridge will help if that one isn't yours.
Last edited by poppameth at Feb 20, 2012,
the picture isn't mine, but i can say that the block and everything else seems ok..
the entire saddle pulled off but i screw it back and just the part i outlined in the pic is unstable, that what makes the buzzing.
I guess tommorow i'll post a picture of mine (it's night now and I can't take a photo)
Why don't you take a picture of your guitar, so we can see if anything's missing/broken?

A picture of a perfectly working FR is not really going to help use diagnose your problem.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I just tried to take a photo.. it looks completly fine !
but when i put my finger on the part in the pic above i can little bit move it left and right easily..
Last edited by Elushka1 at Feb 20, 2012,
This could be very difficult to diagnose from a photo then. You are probably best off to take it to a local tech. I'm suspecting the saddle may have to be replaced. It sounds like something bent a little around the central pivot on the saddle and it isn't holding firmly anymore.
Quote by poppameth
This could be very difficult to diagnose from a photo then. You are probably best off to take it to a local tech. I'm suspecting the saddle may have to be replaced. It sounds like something bent a little around the central pivot on the saddle and it isn't holding firmly anymore.

It came to my mind too.. I think this is the only option..
Anyway.. The shop I bought it from invited me to see what the problem is.. so I'll go today..
I'll let you know when come back :P
thank you very much !
See underneath that part you're on about? There's a springy finger that holds that tight and they do get loose sometimes. The way to fix it is to take the saddle out and the adjustment screw at the top (or unscrew it as far as you can) then try and bend the springy finger part up so it's tighter when you put it back together.
It's not the best pic but on the far left is the spring plate part I mean

Last edited by Twidler at Feb 21, 2012,