does anybody actually like "the like button"...
cuz i dont.
what the **** was wrong with 5 star rating?
and the only thing worse then having a like button is not having a dislike button
its like having a suckup around that doesn't have an opinion and wants to be liked by everyone

rant rant rant....
On facebook? 5 star rating? What?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
On facebook? 5 star rating? What?

no..a like button on youtube..but yea, facebook.
Talking 'bout them youtoobs
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
no but...i felt that the 5 star system on youtube was so much more relevant then the like/dislike, the like button clearly giving two sides to things instead of actually rating them..right ?
So long ago.... But yeah, it's pretty retarded. 5-star rating system worked much, much better.
"You used to be able to rate this video between 1-5 stars, based on how much you liked it, but now, due to 'popular interest', you can either have none or all!"
Gawd, what a fail.
Yeah, and what's the deal with MySpace!?!
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by wyldething

Ever since this 'Bebo' thing started nobody goes on MySpace anymore
I like the like button because I don't have to think too much.

A 5 star system on Facebook would be great though.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I like the like button because I don't have to think too much.

A 5 star system on Facebook would be great though.

i think i kinda know why they don't have it on facebook. Maybe they fear it could be used as a minor form of bullying when people obsessively dislike anything someone posts, then some people will feel sad that all their posts have like 30 dislikes. It sounds a little pathetic but i wouldn't be surprised if that was it
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Sorry, I deleted my Facebook out of pure angst.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by wyldething

And what's the deal with ovaltine? They should call it roundtine.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
And what's the deal with ovaltine? They should call it roundtine.

It's not oval, and it's not a teen!

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Everybody rated everything either 5-stars or 1-star anyways, it's not like they changed that much.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Yes, the like button is good. It actually shows the exact number of likes to dislikes other than just a few ambiguous stars. It's great. The only problem is when there's dislikes on a video people will say stuff like "TWO PEOPLE [insert comment about the people who disliked the video]"
Quote by TOMMYB22
i think i kinda know why they don't have it on facebook. Maybe they fear it could be used as a minor form of bullying when people obsessively dislike anything someone posts, then some people will feel sad that all their posts have like 30 dislikes. It sounds a little pathetic but i wouldn't be surprised if that was it

Yeah, I wouldn't actually want that on my profile. But it'd be funny to rate other people's stuff
cat
Quote by Flying Couch
I prefer Like Likes:

I hate those thieving bastards.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by lushacrous
Everybody rated everything either 5-stars or 1-star anyways, it's not like they changed that much.

Exactly. That's the inherent problem with star-rating systems. People will generally only rate things if they think it's either really good or really bad. Very few people will say "Yeah, it was fairly good but could have been a bit better. I'm going to go ahead and give it four stars". The majority of raters (especially on a site like Youtube) are the type that would think either "ZOMG THIS VIDEO IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME. 5 STARZZZ" or "I'm such a badass. I'm going to rate a Bieber video 1 star because he sucks and is a girl and is an idiot and stuff".

The 5 star rating system effectively becomes a binary choice because people generally don't care enough to vote for 2-4 stars.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Quote by wyldething
Exactly. That's the inherent problem with star-rating systems. People will generally only rate things if they think it's either really good or really bad. Very few people will say "Yeah, it was fairly good but could have been a bit better. I'm going to go ahead and give it four stars". The majority of raters (especially on a site like Youtube) are the type that would think either "ZOMG THIS VIDEO IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME. 5 STARZZZ" or "I'm such a badass. I'm going to rate a Bieber video 1 star because he sucks and is a girl and is an idiot and stuff".

The 5 star rating system effectively becomes a binary choice because people generally don't care enough to vote for 2-4 stars.

so a long green and red stick is more relevant to you then a star based rating?
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY

It's more relevant to what it's actually trying to portray, yes. A star-rating system normally relates to the quality of the media. In an application like Youtube, it became a popularity scale. A like/dislike binary system doesn't have that false sense of judgement; it simply measures whether or not people generally like the content.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY

Yes it is, as wyldething said. But more importantly (to Youtube, that is), it's much more relevant to advertisers, so don't expect anything to change.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by TOMMYB22

This, also, I suspect, on the basis of what Facebook is, that they are leery of the possibility of trolls/activists spamming the shit out of official pages of brands and products etc.