Do any of you know where these Laney amps are manufactured? Do any of you own a Laney amp, and would you recommend one of them for a gigging classic rock/prog/hard rock guitarist? I personally like the VC-30 212 best atm. but I am not sure if I should buy it over the Peavey Classic 30.
All of them are made in the UK. I own a LC15R and is a great amp but not the best for high gain, I use it for playing alternative, latin, blues... and it sounds really good but not stellar. The VC30 is a lot better amp and I will take it above the Peavey Classic 30 (don't get me wrong, the Peavey is such a nice amp but i prefer the Laney better). The best way you will figure this out is trying both, who knows, maybe you will prefer the Peavey.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Yeah, your opinion is very much like mine, I think the Laney has a better tone in general. The only problem I have, is that there's no Laney dealer nearby, so I have to buy it online when I'll get to that point. Thank you for that.
i have a laney LC030-2 112, its a rocking little amp, really good cleans, nice overdrive, with a boost it can almost make it to metal but not quite, but its a great amp. Go with a laney, you wont be disappointed
Agile AL-3110 Tiger Eye
Schecter C-1 Exotic Star Snow Leopard
Schecter C-1 Classic Blue
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser T-O-M BC
LTD EC-1000 Bright Blue Flame
Bugera 333xl
Laney GH-100L
Laney LC30-II 112
Laney GS212PE w/ V30s
Genz Benz G-Flex 412
I bought my VC30 online, un-played and haven't regretted it. I do still need a pedal to get the gain levels I like but the cleans are beautiful. The only issue I've had is that I've never been able to crank the volume over 5 as it's too loud.

I would suggest having a look at the Bugera V22 aswell as it is another great option that can reach higher gain.
404: Sig not found.
i think they're still made in the UK (?) but the pcbs might be put together in china (think i heard that somewhere, but don't quote me).

are you in the UK (EDIT: oh right, denmark, still, thomann ships there too )? how much are you getting one for? I always preferred the vc30 to the lc30, but at the price they go for now you can more or less get a traynor ycv50b from thomann, which is probably a better amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?