So this is my first project. I just got a hum bucker that I am wanting to to put in the bridge and that would be my only pickup! I guess all I would need is just a single tone and a single volume knobs right? Also does anyone have any wiring schematics just for a single hum bucker?
Last edited by sking11791 at Feb 20, 2012,
literally google it. And I'd say **** the tone and keep it with just a volume, I made a guitar like that awhile back with a crappy start and a EMG. I hate EMGs but the body wasn't good quality wood so I figured if EMGs sound the same in every guitar, then why not this one? But I digress.
I'm sure you could just google a single pickup wiring diagram, or look on either SeymourDuncan.com or Dimarzio.com for their wiring diagrams.
GEAR:
1987 Ibanez RG550 w/ DiMarzio PAF Pro and Bare Knuckle Aftermath
Fender Jaguar Classic Player Special HH
Ibanez RGT42 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez AEG10E Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe w/ Celestion Vintage 30
Tom Delonges' signature Strat only had a single hum and i think only a single volume (tone control is usually useless anyway). Not sure about wiring though
Thank you guys! Sorry for my ignorance. I just think to myself "has to do with something musical just go to UG."I forget google even exists sometimes(subconsciously).
If you go for a passive sort of pickup like a Seymour or a Dimarzio instead of an EMG do this one.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1hum_1vol_split

This way you can just pull the vol. knob and get single coil-ish kinda sound for when you need to get softer quickly.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P