Hi Guys.i Am Going My First Electric Guitar And I Am Between A Strat(sss) And A Fat Strat(hss).but Whats The Difference???what Music Styles Can I Play With One Of Them???i Used To Listen Blues Rock And Hard Rock.
The difference is that one has a humbucker in the bridge and the other has a single coil.

I'd go with a SSS but if this is your only guitar, HSS might fit better.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
HSS means Humbucker, Single coil, Single Coil

SSS means Single Coil, Single coil, Single Coil

Single coils and humbuckers are two types of electric guitar pickups. They are the parts that transfer the strings' sound to an electric signal

The difference is that a HSS has a humbucker at the bridge position, instead of a single coil like a traditional Stratocaster would have.

The advantage is that a humbucker gives thicker tones than a single coil. And if you're going to play hard rock, I would get a HSS instead of a SSS setup.
Humbuckers handle overdrive better than single coils and are alot less noisy. If you plan on playing alot of rock and hardrock, I suggest you take the HSS guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'd say go with the HSS. my number one biggest mistake in life was getting an SSS instead. The Humbucker has a much higher output. I covered this (and many other things) in an article I posted on here called guide to guitars. Here's a link.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_guide_to/the_guide_to_guitars.html
The bit on pick ups is towards the bottom
Last edited by Roxxie Roxx at Feb 20, 2012,
Actually if you want to sound like Hendrix then you're better of with an SSS Strat. He used SSS Strats.

But also if you want a tone like Hendrix then you need to buy a (pretty expensive) Marshall valve amplifier, plus a few weird pedals. It's really quite hard to get that kind of sound on a beginner's budget.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Roxxie Roxx
I'd say go with the HSS. my number one biggest mistake in life was getting an SSS instead.

Your doing pretty well in life if thats a number 1 mistake
^

HSS is a lot more versatile (certainly for heavier stuff) unless you absolutely need to nail completely authentic strat tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by pankar94
I want to play from stevie ray vaughan to guns and roses

If you want to play guns n roses you'll be NEEDING that humbucker. This is from another guns n roses fan who made the mistake of getting a strat with no humbucker.
Quote by pankar94
I want to play from stevie ray vaughan to guns and roses

yeah go hss

hsh even might be preferable for g n r
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HSS definitely if you want to play hard rock, I've got a HSS guitar and it pretty darn versatile, I was playing Megadeth on it the other day no problem then went and played some bluesy-jazzy improv stuff since I still had the single coils. It's a really good choice.