I'm the lead player for my band, and we're due to play at a college festival in a few days. We're doing Dream Theater's "These Walls", a full step down from the original (two guitars, one in G standard for the lower notes and one in C standard for the verses and leads since neither of us own a 7 string) and when I changed guages I ended up sticking something too heavy, namely 12's in C. I assumed it would be OK, since 14's are nice and balanced in A on my other guitar. I forgot that one was a hard tail and thus didnt have springs pulling on the bridge net result its hard as phuck to bend and ive got these blisters on my middle and ring fingers. What should I do to make them heal/reduce the pain so I can manage the lead without slipping up?

TLR- Have blisters, need a solution, gig in two days.
Go easy on the guitar for a few days and rest those fingers. If you need an artificial callus when you play (which helps on heavier strings), you can dab some super glue on your fingertips before you play. Just let it dry all the way before you start playing.

Just a thought, but why not block off the bridge to reduce the pull of the springs on the strings? Or switch to lighter strings? I'm kind of curious what gauge you use normally; I've got .012s on my guitar in C# standard and it's got a floating bridge and they feel perfectly fine to me.
^Normally I use 10's in E standard, 9's if I have a lot of bending, and 14's in A standard.
Even I dont get it, my MH has much more tension than my other guitar.

Blocking off the trem is not an option since I need it for a few harmonic wankery things.

Going easy is not an option since the gig is day after tomorrow

Imma give the superglue a try.
the super glue thing is exactly what you need, I think: a quick and dirty fix that'll get you through the gig. Afterwards, just take a few days to let your fingers heal up.
As a last ditch emergency fix, I would put a light layer of super glue on the tips of your fingers. It's going to feel a bit weird at first, and I doubt you'll play to your full potential since the feel is different, but it's either that or just power through the pain.
Haha, where I work we use super glue a lot so I always seems to have some on my fingers or hands. But, a nice thick glob should hold for the time being.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
take a shot of whiskey before ya go on! it wont get you drunk, but it might make ya feel better and perhaps 2 shots would make you forget you have a blister and if it dont...well you will at least feel nice!....playing Dream Theater so 2 max no more!

dont mean this as a joke reply, but i find some Bourbon makes me slightly numb against pain or at least makes me care less about it lol.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
take a shot of whiskey before ya go on! it wont get you drunk, but it might make ya feel better and perhaps 2 shots would make you forget you have a blister and if it dont...well you will at least feel nice!....playing Dream Theater so 2 max no more!

dont mean this as a joke reply, but i find some Bourbon makes me slightly numb against pain or at least makes me care less about it lol.

Spot on!^ Take a concrete pill and harden up!

Seriously though, I would never consider putting super glue on my finger tips. If it works it works I guess

Otherwise, get you finger tips caught in a surface planner, the resulting surgery will leave you with zero feeling in the tips of your fingers. It worked for me