Hey, I literally no nothing about singing correctly. Reading articles and such like makes no sense, i have no idea how to direct my voice "toward my teeth" or how air gets in your sinus cavaties or hard palate.

But my main thing that i do notice is, if i sing quieter - my pitch is limited and i'll go falsetto much faster than if i 'project' and could easily ascend another octave.
Is that the same for everyone?

I say this because listening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko0kdCf0zTE
it sounds like he doesnt project much but can descend+ascend quite a lot before going falsetto. And even on the high full voice parts, he doesnt look to be forcing it a lot.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
The point is it's all a matter of muscles and physical anatomy. If you are larger, the like late Peter Steele of Type O Negative (nearly 7 feet tall), then you'll probably be in the bass range, and singing higher registers will require a lot of strength.

Women are typically smaller than men and their whole vocal mechanism is smaller, so it's easier for them to sing high. It takes less muscle strength.

But just as someone who has done a lot of working out can easily lift a table it might take a lot of grunting and straining for you to do the same.

So pitch is relative to your size and your strength. If you "project" or "try harder" I suppose you will achieve higher pitches more naturally than if you don't (like singing quietly).
Directing your voice "toward your teeth" is one of those things vocal instructors (both speaking and singing) do to help with projection of sound. If you literally try to push toward your teeth when you sing, without straining mind you, you'll get a more ideal tone. You'll know you're doing it right if it kind of makes your nose itch.

Your voice is just like any other instrument, it has an ideal range for both dynamics and pitches. It's perfectly normal to lose range as you lose volume. Ever listen to a modern violin concerto? It's a BITCH for them to play really quietly on high notes.

As for that video, you have to keep in consideration the fact that he's miked first of all. So he could be singing at quite a low volume yet be boosted in the mix pretty dramatically. He also has an obviously trained or at least practiced voice and range is one of the things that comes with a lot of practice. Forcing is not good, that's the fastest way to shred your vocals chords. Even when you're belting high notes, they sound pour out of you and not be forced.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Thanks alot for your feedback, I think that has answered my question clearly!
I shall try and make my nose itch then i guess haha. I will be having a few basic vocal lessons soon and hopefully that can make a solid foundation for my improvement.

I did take in account that he has trained all his life ( I believed since he could talk he sang in a choir, typical!) but that control is crazy.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.