Hey guys, I'm looking to buy my first tube amp, something around 250 euros. I just play at home, sometimes jam with some friends, nothing too serious other than to have serious fun! I play in my garage which is pretty big, so no problem with loud amps; I'm just torn between these two guys.

I play mostly blues (improvisation) and some classic rock to grunge! I definetly appreciate an amp that can do good sweet clean tones!

So, gimme your opinions! I can get the Handsome Devil (combo) used for 250 euros exactly, with brand new tubes in it, locally, so no trouble with postal transportation or anything!

The Bugera I'd have to buy online from UK or maybe Germany, which would end up being around 250 euros anyway!
Gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX - Vintage white w/ red tort pickguard
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox DA5 Classic
Valencia C-60 Classical
Honestly, I don't like the Bugera. The Blackhearts are pretty nice for what they are though. Go try it out for yourself and see if you like it.
Depends on whether you want an amp or a fireplace.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Depends on whether you want an amp or a fireplace.

I thought Bugera fixed all of their reliability issues recently.

Wait....it's used......
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
It took Vox more than a few years to recover from the problems with the AC30's. Why are people so quick to forgive Bugera? They let a MAJOR problem slip through that could have killed people. What makes people think that they won't do it again? It will be many years before I'd ever consider buying one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It took Vox more than a few years to recover from the problems with the AC30's. Why are people so quick to forgive Bugera? They let a MAJOR problem slip through that could have killed people. What makes people think that they won't do it again? It will be many years before I'd ever consider buying one.

But Vox's issues were well before the 2000s. IIRC, they discontinued? the AC30s and brought them back in the 90s/00s.

Surely there must be some higher standard of QC now than there was during the dinosaur age
And the V22 I tried sounded decent clean. Didn't try dirty though.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Didn't they prove that their quality control was crap by releasing something that could have burnt a person's house to the ground? They fix the problem retrospectively after it was launched upon an suspecting public and you are willing to assume that that means everything is ok there now? What is your reasoning to think that? Only time will show and that time has yet to elapse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Didn't they prove that their quality control was crap by releasing something that could have burnt a person's house to the ground? They fix the problem retrospectively after it was launched upon an suspecting public and you are willing to assume that that means everything is ok there now? What is your reasoning to think that? Only time will show and that time has yet to elapse.

Okay..............
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?