So basicly, how do i prevent the settings on my pedals to get changed if i bring them to a gig or travel? How do i prevent anything from touching the knobs? Is there any types guards for this? What does professionals do?
Masking tape is the generally accepted method.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Just write them down on a piece of paper and if they get changed, take out the paper and change the settings back.
Get a rack and use MIDI.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Almost every pro rig I've ever seen has had masking tape with the positions of the knobs (look like a clock with one hand) drawn on them. Just put the strip of tape under the knobs (or over depending on pedal layout) and draw each setting right under (over) the knob.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
just take a sharpie and make a little mark where you keep each knob set. that way even if you knock a pedal you'll know right where it was
I use electrical tape with sharpie lines on :p
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Super Glue...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Put a small piece of masking tape on the face of each pedal and mark with a Sharpie where to set the nob. Watch a few rig rundowns on premier guitar. Almost every tech that they talk with has done this. It isn't pretty, but it works!

Also, put them all on a pedal board. It will save your settings, decrease set up/tear down time, and make having wires and pedals to deal with WAY less annoying.
ΦΚΣ

Life is short. PLAY LOUD!
Removing the knobs is always a good option if you don't foresee tinkering with it much in the future.
http://www.twitter.com/iamcIine

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
the masking tape with settings works, but something else that works well/better is to put tape on the knobs after you have them set where you like, and then make a line going straight up on the tape. That way you know all the knobs are right when all of the lines are pointed straight up.
Put a small piece of masking tape on the face of each pedal and mark with a Sharpie where to set the nob. Watch a few rig rundowns on premier guitar.(Invalid img)