Poll: Do you like going to shows alone?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like going to shows alone?
Yes
35 43%
No
40 49%
Don't care
44 54%
I just meet people in line
25 31%
Voters: 81.
What do you guys think about going to concerts/shows/gigs alone? I don't like it very much because I think it's generally just a better time if you're with a friend or two, but if I have to I will. If I have to I usually end up meeting someone in line or while waiting for stuff to start anyways.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
I've only gone to a couple of shows alone, but on each occasion I've run into & hung out w/ people I know.

EDIT: Oh, except for a couple of classical performances I went to alone for my intro to music course. Didn't run into people I knew there, & one was pretty awkward 'cuz it was crowded & I was stuck between a couple old ladies. I'd do it again though, I got a $60 ticket for $10 - student discounts are rad.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Feb 20, 2012,
I usually prefer to watch concerts alone. I'm a people person until the asshole next to me takes out his phone or starts chewing gum obnoxiously loud.
Unfortunately, I have friends that either:

Don't like the bands I do
or
Don't care about shows

So I go to shows pretty often by myself.
I've gone to one show alone. It was Weezer with Manchester Orchestra and Coheed opening for them. None of my friends wanted to go, so I said "fuck it" and went alone. I wasn't going to let my friends make me miss an incredible show. Best decision ever. I ended up just talking to a bunch of random people around me and smoked with them. I also got to see Rivers prance around in a blond wig and pretend to be Lady Gaga. It was a fantastic night.

Morals of the story

A) Going alone is fine. You can meet new people
B) I need new friends.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Feb 20, 2012,
I went to Soundwave last year on my own, and am going this year on my own. Didn't really make much difference, the only bit that sucks is waiting for bands to start, when the bands actually playing I wouldn't talk to my mate anyway.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I always go to shows alone, cuz.. Foreveralone and all that jazz. I meet new people there and people I've met before but, we only meet each other at shows.
the second time i went to see Motorhead i went alone since none of my friends could make it/were broke. I winded up just meeting people there and chatting them up. Same thing when i saw the Misfits, winded up meeting a cool group of people and wound up hanging out with them afterwards
I went to see Steriogram alone. Ended up just hanging out with the band, no biggie
Yeah, don't have to look out for anyone, don't feel self-conscious etc.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I've done this. If there's a band you want to see and no one else can go, go. I'm not going to pass up any opportunity to see a band that inspires me enough to go alone.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
(Invalid img)

Seriously.

For the 2,111,700,070,301,298,576,713,235,436 time.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Last edited by MusicMan24 at Feb 20, 2012,
Quote by smartguyreviews
I usually prefer to watch concerts alone. I'm a people person until the asshole next to me takes out his phone or starts chewing gum obnoxiously loud.

How quiet are the shows you go to?
I haven't yet but I might have to go by myself to the next show I want to see.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I'v been to a few shows alone, and I'll be seeing Iced Earth and the National Philharmonic alone pretty soon as well. It's no biggie.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I usually meet up with people at the gigs. I hate driving with others because you gotta wait for them or keep up with them the whole time. And it's awkward if I end up wanting to take a girl home.
TS is a loner.

EDIT: ^ I hate when people complain about that shit. Threads that are 2 years old have no relevance now. New users means new opinions and conversations.
I've never seen any bands I like with anyone I like... I got 2 tickets for all the concerts I've seen and twice my mom ended up using the other one, once I had to throw a ticket away, and Once my brother came with me and bitched the whole time.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by chev311e
TS is a loner.

EDIT: ^ I hate when people complain about that shit. Threads that are 2 years old have no relevance now. New users means new opinions and conversations.
There's nothing new about this conversation.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by MusicMan24
(Invalid img)

Seriously.

For the 2,111,700,070,301,298,576,713,235,436 time.

Damn. beat me to it.

EDIT:
Quote by chev311e
TS is a loner.

This same thread was bumped/created about 2 weeks ago. I remember reading it.
I can't be assed for the sauce though. I'm too lazy.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Feb 20, 2012,
I think have established, after numerous threads on the exact same topic, that if you want to go a gig on your own, go to a gig on your own.