Sorry if this has been asked countless times.

I have an arctic white MIM strat.

I wan a vintage white with a yellow tint to it and the ability for it to relic naturally over the years. The factory job seems too thick and dull if I'm honest.

What do I need to do this? Can I do it? Is it expensive? I'm in the UK.

Thanks, Luke.
Well, if you're really down to refinish this guitar (which if you are, and do succeed), you'll find that it may be your first and last polyurethane refinish job.(it's a pain in the ass) That being said, let's proceed.

Firstly, Do NOT sand the guitar by hand like so many people do on this forum.. You're dealing with a 30/1000th's"-100/1000th's" thick polyurethane/epoxy style finish that is best not inhaled when dust particles become airborne.
The easiest, fastest, and most professional way to remove such a finish is to apply an effective stripping agent, or paintstripper. I usually take a sharp chisel to carefully remove a small shaving of lacquer beforehand, so that I can gauge the thickness with my calipers, and estimate how long the body will have to sit in the stripper.
Once this is done, I would lather the guitar in stripper and let it sit for a few days, making sure to check up on it everyday for progress. Remember, stripper is nasty stuff, so I always use an appropriate respirator for this kind of work.
You may find that after a week in the stripper, the finish will have become gelatinous, but not fully dissolved, with area of "crust" still left on the body. Use a scraper to remove all of the goop left on the guitar and have some rags handy to clean it up.
Once the guitar has been out of the stripper for atleast a day and is dry, use a heatgun and scraper to pull the remaining finish off. You can use a variety of fine scraping tools as well to get the body close to finish sand, or sand 120-320 grit to prep the body for spray.

What type of finish were you planning on spraying? Nitro i'm assuming?
Hope what i've posted so far will get the ball rolling.
Ok you are going to need some voodoo magic, a priest, exorcist, and another religious of sorts lol, joke aside...

^This guy covered very well the using a chemical paint remover for a Fender guitar, you see the paint they use is rather... Unpleasant when being worked on by hand and chemical paint strippers are hard workers and can get the job done faster and with less stress altogether, trust me i've been in the same boat with my strat hehe.

After you have the body completely stripped of the paint you will want to sand it with a low~ish grit sandpaper to make it smooth and i will go by using shellac to fill any pore and as a base for it then you could go to an auto repair shop or a big hardware store, they sell a lot of spray type paints nitro based, just hang her nicely and spray 5-8 or more coats of it!!, then after a week or so of letting the paint sit and dry well you can get a nitro based clear coat and spray 2-3 coats of it over the finish.

There's a lot more things that can be said about this but you could start with stripping the paint, again, only use sandpaper to get rid of the paint if you have enough open space and have a hand-tool of sorts like an orbital sander which are quite awesome
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by moominman2
Nothings come up :/

I sent it again
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB