i broke my g string (ha) putting it on my ibanez s2170 and broke another one putting it on. For the type of bridge, you have to cut off the ball end of the string and keep it stopped in the bridge. Ive gotten sick of having to eyeball where to cut and possibly being wrong and i know that floyd rose makes speedloaders but they seem to be the only company that does anything like that. does anybody know how good their strings are and if any other company makes balless strings?
Quote by phayzze
Cut just above the ball.

lol dude i did it fine with every other string idk if i miscut or whatever, but skipping that entirely would be cool
Look this up, I’m no expert on how to do it, but I know people that do, and I’ve heard it mentioned countless times. You can put the strings on your guitar so that the ball ends are at the tuning pegs (obviously this only applies to a locking trem). The purpose mainly is to stop the cut ends of the strings from tearing up guitar cases, but I suppose it also saves you the trouble of cutting the ball end off. From what I understand, you run the length of the string through the tuning peg, and then hold the string down near the trem. Estimate how much slack you need, especially if your trem is currently sitting forwards, and cut the string to the right length.
I've always strung locking trems through the tuner down to the bridge, leaving the ball behind the tuner.
Quote by madworld19
Look this up, I’m no expert on how to do it, but I know people that do, and I’ve heard it mentioned countless times. You can put the strings on your guitar so that the ball ends are at the tuning pegs (obviously this only applies to a locking trem). The purpose mainly is to stop the cut ends of the strings from tearing up guitar cases, but I suppose it also saves you the trouble of cutting the ball end off. From what I understand, you run the length of the string through the tuning peg, and then hold the string down near the trem. Estimate how much slack you need, especially if your trem is currently sitting forwards, and cut the string to the right length.

especially after what guy above me just said, this sounds good, but i ****ed up doing it the normal way haha i just want to unscrew the stoppers put the damn thing in and be off