Could anyone post some jazz songs that have nice bass riffs in them? Preferrably not TOO hard (Adam Nitti...)
Thanks!
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
hello!

Some very easy ones with a fixed bass line (rather than a walk):
The chicken (Jaco Pastorius/Word of Mouth band) -definitely the first one to check out if you don't know it already.
All Blues (Miles Davis)
A night in Tunisia (Dizzy Gillespie/Charlie Parker)
Cantaloupe island (Herbie Hancock)
Take 5 (Brubeck)
Manteca (Dizzy Gillespie)
The Sidewinder (lee morgan)

Easy Electric Jazz/fusion riffs:

Red Baron (beginner stuff, but can be turned inside out)
Stratus (both by billy Cobham)
Among many riff-based songs. If you're into slap, "lopsy Lu" by Stanley Clarke can be done with a bit of effort.

The obvious "Come on, come over" by Jaco Pastorius if you don't know it already. A lot easier than it sounds!

Easy with walks:

So What (Miles)
Just Friends (for ex. from charlie parker with strings)
Autumn Leaves (the miles/cannonball adderley version from the album "somethin' else")
Blue Train (John Coltrane)
Moanin' (Art Blakey)
Blue Bossa (many versions, ex. Joe Henderson)
Tenor Madness (Sonny Rollins)
Tune Up (miles)

And many more obvious "standards" - stella by starlight/all the things you are/ Freddie Freeloader/summertime etc.

Intermediate with walks:

So many! A personal favourite is if "I were a bell" by miles, it's a good place to start thinking on some chord changes that are fast, but not too crazy! But I mean, just open a real book and you'll find plenty of these!

Hope this helps! Tell me if these are too obvious/easy/boring!
Thanks for the songs
I'm mainly looking for riffs I can play to a simple drum beat by my friend (who is a drummer):P
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Last edited by itzkpanda at Feb 20, 2012,
^Sorry, I have to disagree there. That song requires some stamina to keep up the tempo and keep it consistently in beat. I wouldn't call that song easy.
Take a look at rhythm changes. Oleo, I Got Rhythm, there are plenty of others.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Bass First
Jaco's not even jazz.

inb4 shitstorm

Eh............well, no shitstorm so far, but I disagree with that statement.
Most jazz combos when they look for a bass player do not want a Jaco. Seriously. He was more rock/funk fusion than what is really considered "jazz".
If you want to learn how to play jazz, learn how to walk over changes O.o
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol