has anyone here ever seen or played a theremin. i have seen the videos on youtube and always liked the funky sounds that can be made with them. Thinking about getting one or making one.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I guess you just weren't made for these times
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123
I guess you just weren't made for these times

You would be surprised how often i hear that.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I don't think they're that hard or expensive to make, but I've never attempted.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by zenbone
You would be surprised how often i hear that.

I was referencing this song.

I think it's the first song to feature the prototypical theremin (known as a tennerin) which operates similarly to an Ondes Martenot (Radiohead use this instrument alot).

EDIT: Plus, it's a very beautiful and heartfelt song. Possibly one of my favourite songs from the PS album.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Try the Zep Theremin, it's like the one Page uses.... AND IT"S SICK!!!
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Actually, that was pretty cool.

Never heard someone play a saw before.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Actually, that was pretty cool.

Never heard someone play a saw before.

I'm trying to find a cheap ass bow so I can start learning to play ace fucking sap.
Ive used one before they are pretty cool. Buy one instead of building it. They can be complicated. Plus if you buy one you have a warranty. Speaking of unusual intruments jackyl used a chainsaw in the song lumberjack, how awesome is that.
a friend of a friend plays the saw. i had never heard of it before, it was interesting. I will probably try to find a decent moog online somewhere.
Quote by BlackVoid
My old sci-fi/speech and debate teacher had one. I fiddled with it for a while. Id get my own, but theyre a bit pricey

Quote by due 07
I'm trying to find a cheap ass bow so I can start learning to play ace fucking sap.

I got a bow for mine for 5 bucks at a thrift shop. Until then, just use a mallet or something. I used a giant bolt for the first couple weeks of playing. easiest instrument ever
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Feb 20, 2012,
I think it's the first song to feature the prototypical theremin (known as a tennerin) which operates similarly to an Ondes Martenot (Radiohead use this instrument alot).(Invalid img)
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
I got a bow for mine for 5 bucks at a thrift shop. Until then, just use a mallet or something. I used a giant bolt for the first couple weeks of playing. easiest instrument ever

I'll probz just do that, thanx.
Quote by due 07
I'll probz just do that, thanx.

any time
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by Kosh H

Quote by WantsLesPaul

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
beach boys had some. jimmy page plays it too. its a popular instrument amongst 60 psychadelic rock. it look shard to play though, you would have to have an ear for notes, unlike us puny guitar players
Awesome instrument.

Bill Bailey uses it alot.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
i love the space sounds. i am getting a space flanger pedal and also a fuzz probe (which has some theremin quality to it) for my guitar.

I saw one guy online ran his theremin through a multi-effect pedal and really got some crazy stuff going on.
Quote by BlackVoid