I am mainly a guitarist but have been dabbling and enjoying the bass. The hand down bass has had it. Was at the music shop and saw a Toby Bass. I picked it up and they let me play it. I know Tobias used to make some excellent basses. How are they now? Does anyone have an experience with these? I may buy this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Michael Tobias does still make excellant basses, but under a different name. I've got no experience with the Toby basses however.

Have a look at the MTD (Tobias' new name) Kingston series basses.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Last edited by Killerfridge at Feb 21, 2012,
Thanks for the input. Now I know to avoid it.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
why?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
The Toby basses are entry-level instruments. i've seen only pictures of them, so I can't speak to whether they are any good. But you could probably do better for about the same price.

Tobias basses - the MTD, the MTD overseas and the Gibson-owned Tobias basses are very good instruments.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The Epiphone made Toby basses look like they'll play excellently, I'm just not nuts about the choice of bridge, but thats an easy fix. I'd get one if i wasn't saving for a legit Warwick.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette