I just bought an Eastwood Airline with a bigsby tremolo but it came in a hardcase that has no room for the tremolo arm to sit without being pushed down when you close the case.

Are there any issues this may create by having the bigsby tremolo arm constantly pushed down inside the case for extended periods of time (when not being used)?

It would be nice if you could detach the trem arm but there seems to be no way of doing so... I don't know if all guitars with bigsby trems do this in their cases, this case was just a substitute because it didn't come with a purpose-made case from Eastwood.
The primary issues I see are that the tremolo could develop long term self-esteem issues and possibly even thoughts of suicide...

J/K but all joking aside I can't imagine anything more than issues with the strings--if that.
is there any position you could put the arm that is lessens the tention put on the trem in the case? I am sure it wouldn't ruin the trem but it would bother me having it stored like that.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by CECamps
The primary issues I see are that the tremolo could develop long term self-esteem issues and possibly even thoughts of suicide...

J/K but all joking aside I can't imagine anything more than issues with the strings--if that.

Quote by darkwolf291
It could lead to emotional problems, and self-medication with drugs, which could lead to an unfortunate overdose.
It's a long and winding to rock bottom man.

Indeed, this constant depression from being locked up in a case for days on end could not do much good... I'll make sure I let it out every day and take it for walks to relieve the tension and stress and keep it out of self troubles...

In all seriousness, all I can see happening is the trem spring gradually becoming weaker or something... maybe even the strings not lasting as long... hmm, just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem and if anything happened in the long run
Quote by zenbone
is there any position you could put the arm that is lessens the tention put on the trem in the case? I am sure it wouldn't ruin the trem but it would bother me having it stored like that.

Yeah there's no way of moving the trem so there's less tension... it's a pretty flat inside of the case unfortunately. Maybe I'll just try to bash a recess into the lining hah. It does bother me a bit, just seems a bit wrong...