Hello Guys

i recently started playing electric guitars ,, i used to play spanish b4

now i really wonder ,, why at the first 3 or 4 frets the neck is more narrow and strings are closed to each other then it gets wider through the the rest of neck as going down??

at spanish guitars ,, the neck width is the same through the whole neck ( or at least it's wide enough from the first fret )

is something standard or what??

the problem is bcuz strings are close at the first 3 frets ,, when i play there clean my finger always touch another string that i want it to be played open

My Guitar Is Dean Z '79 Korea Blk
Easier to play chords I guess

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I think you just need to get used to it; its a different form of the instrument. Sort of like when trying to switch from guitar to bass. On an unrelated note, you should post a video of your playing sometime! Switching from acoustic latin playing to an electric like that sounds like it'd form a really interesting style.
it varies from guitar to guitar and there isn't really a "standard" measurement. some have wider necks than others that accommodates a wider string spacing at the nut.

generally they are narrower than a lot of spanish guitars, but you should be able to get used to it - if not, you should be able to find an electric guitar where the string spacing is wide enough for your taste.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.