1.) Is the bad monkey a good OD pedal when compared to the tubescreamer?
I used to see them get recomended alot but not so much anymore.

2.)I know the price is a lot cheaper, so is it a cheap alternative?

3.) Also, what other alternatives (relatively priced) are there for a tubescreamer?
Sweet.
I use a Digitech Hot Rod for Overdrive. Wonderful pedal and pretty cheap to pick one up. Plus I can use it together with my Big Muff for a smooth but crushing distortion/fuzz. I had considered getting rid of it for a Tubescreamer when I when I went through a bit of a "pedal elitist" phase but after trying a Tubescreamer, I decided the Hot Rod was better.
I have a Bad Monkey and I love it for what I use it for and that's basically to up the gain and mids for my rhythm parts. I tried using it in my FX loop once and it sounded terrible so I only use it after my guitar. In this position it's awesome. I don't know if you put TS's in the FX loop or not but I wouldn't use the BM that way.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
I tried it out vs a Boss SD-1, and I went with the Boss. I liked that it could add a bit more gain.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Would it help make a massive difference depending on what amp you're running said pedal through?

Bugera 6262
Orange 2x12

^This is what i would be running an overdrive pedal through. If anybody has any experiences with using a bad monkey on the 6262 or a tubescreamer/other od pedal then i would greatly appreciate your feedback.

I'll also check out the other suggestions right now.
Sweet.
I had a bugera a while back, and i ran a hardwire cm2, which i think is pretty much a higher quality bad monkey, through it, and I thought it was awesome. I'd go with the bad monkey, its cheaper, and you have more control over it than a normal tubescreamer
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Green Rhino looks interesting. How does it fair against the Tubescreamer? Being roughly in the same price range.
Sweet.
I tried using it in my FX loop once and it sounded terrible so I only use it after my guitar. In this position it's awesome. (Invalid img)
if you want cheap, the joyo one is a clone (i think greeny traced it). 29 euros on thomann (sold as harley benton vintage overdrive) or ~£30 from uket in the UK.

if you're only buying one, the thomann shipping will be silly (10 euros). but if you're buying more than one (or other stuff) you might as well buy from thomann, because you get teh 3 year warranty (plus with any luck if something goes wrong, they won't even ask you to return it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Green Rhino will give you better control over your tone. The tone control on a tubescreamer is just a treble control. The Green Rhino has some control over the rest of the spectrum too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeah

they're fairly dear here, though, i think (could be wrong )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wouldn't really say price is much of an issue. I wouldn't want to spend anymore than £80 ideally. Will probably buy said pedal used anyway.
Liking the sound of the green rhino, The reason i'm asking for comparisons on OD pedals and prices is simply because i could pick up the Bad Monkey tomorrow if i wanted. But for the green rhino or Tubescreamer id have to wait another 2 weeks. Would it be worth the wait?

Also, Anybody reccomend good EQ pedals? heard good things about the Mxr, but i havent got any experiences in trying any EQ pedals.
Might have to have a gander into the pedal Thread as i have way too many questions about different pedals.
Sweet.
the joyo one is a tubescreamer. it's even cheaper than the bad monkey.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?