Pics 1st

DeltaLab DD1: Decent, cheap delay. Nothing special but it does its job well.

Hennessey Straplocks: Decent, cheap straplocks. Nothing special but they do their job well. The strap constantly fell off of my SE245 since I got it and I'm pretty surprised my reflexes prevented it from falling (on multiple occasions). I wanted chrome but they only had black in store. Doesn't look bad

I was planning on uploading a pic of a metronome I got a few weeks (months?) ago but decided that even uploading the straplocks was pushing it
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I've wondered about those Hennessey locks, since they come in a lot of colors Dunlop and Schaller don't. Could you compare them to those, or have you never used anything else?

HNPD, btw.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I've wondered about those Hennessey locks, since they come in a lot of colors Dunlop and Schaller don't. Could you compare them to those, or have you never used anything else?

HNPD, btw.

Thank you kind sir!

And I haven't used anything else. Does it really matter? Although they *I think* have different mechanisms, they all do the same thing. And I really don't see how I can compare straplocks

But for these you have to pinch the bottom and push with your thumb so it really does require 3 fingers.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Noob question

The screws that came with the strap locks are shorter than the originals. Will this be a problem?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Noob question

The screws that came with the strap locks are shorter than the originals. Will this be a problem?

is the threading larger in diameter (not fine or course thread) than the other?

as long as the screw is a larger diameter what do is take a tooth pick and get as much wood glue as i can to fit in the hole, cut the tooth pick off flush with the body, screw in straplock, and wipe off extra glue, it will be coming out of the hole.

at least that is how i do it.

i personally only use schaller. realistically fail proof unless you are spinning the guitar over your head like an idiot. shallers grab the bottom of the lock and essentially cradle the end of the strap lock and even if the mechanism were to fail the guitar would still be sitting with the lock holding it.

thats how i do it, NEVER had a problem $.02

shorter isn't ideal, the thread coarseness and the diameter of the screw would matter more. if the screw could go in an out of the hole with you fingers going up and down, then you have a concern.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 21, 2012,
The diameter is the same. The lengths are different, so the hole that's in the guitar is deeper than the strap lock screw.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Bumpity bump. Need help with ^ question.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
if you have read my post, thats what i do with my guitars. none have had a problem. 6 or so have schaller strap locks, installed the way i mentioned.. sometimes the screws are shorter. the glue and tooth pick is IMO the best option.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Oh........k. I asked someone a few hours ago and they said that it's fine if the screw is short and that nothing will happen......

And BTW, I exchanged the DD1 for a $100 cheap multi-fx which I hated so I returned that and ordered a TC Flashback. Been eyeing that for ages and now I realize why cheap pedals are frowned upon.
Honestly, the multi-fx sounded much worse than ANY amp I've tried. The acoustic sim on it was good though.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
how do you like that 245?

i am debating buying one and tricking it out (locking tuners, better quality pups, coil taps, tone pros bridge)
I love it.
I was planning on changing the pups out but decided that theyre good and just left them in. Neck is very comfy and that's what sold it to me.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?