Hello everyone I've recently become increasingly interested in getting a Jackson Dinky or Soloist for a project I'm considering taking on. I would like to find a decent used Jackson (a few dings don't matter too much for my project) and the price range I'm looking at would mean the guitar is probably around $600 or less new. Does anyone have any recommendations for a particular model I should keep my eye open for? A few requirements are:

-Black hardware
-Floyd Rose (are the Jackson licensed ones any good, since that is probably what will be on this guitar, I'm guessing?)
-Black finish

Thanks!
Last edited by Thermon at Feb 21, 2012,
My first recommendation was gonna be a used SLSMG, but then i saw you wanted a FR. I haven't heard anything bad about jackson FRs though.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
If I find one and fall in love with it, I may reconsider the Floyd; it's the only really not completely necessary one of the requirements, but I'd love a decent tremolo system since none of my current axes have one. I've heard they are supposedly fairly good and can hold a tune somewhat decently at least.

EDIT: Also, the SLSMG seems fairly expensive, when I buy the used guitar I'm looking to pay about $300, so it'll probably be a more midrange priced guitar.
If you can find a second hand SL3 Jap soloist I can recommend them, the trem isn't quite as good on the dinky but still ok. A friend got the one with the maple board and seymour duncans, nice guitar.
I've got an old Jackson Dinky in black! No tremolo, but its something to consider, I never play it any more.
Does the SL3 have black hardware? In some pictures I find it's black and others it is silver :/.

And I appreciate the offer but I'd like to play whatever guitar I will buy in person, I've played Jackson's I loved and others I've hated, so I'd rather just wait till I run across one at a local music store or Guitar Center that strikes my fancy. But thanks, I appreciate the offer anyways .
And thanks Twidler! It looks like it would fit the bill, since looks wise I could go any neck wood happily.... maple might actually look pretty sweet. I'll keep my eye open .
Quote by Thermon
If I find one and fall in love with it, I may reconsider the Floyd; it's the only really not completely necessary one of the requirements, but I'd love a decent tremolo system since none of my current axes have one. I've heard they are supposedly fairly good and can hold a tune somewhat decently at least.

EDIT: Also, the SLSMG seems fairly expensive, when I buy the used guitar I'm looking to pay about $300, so it'll probably be a more midrange priced guitar.

I got mine for $350. It was quite a steal. If you keep looking you may find some for cheap. I've seen them go for that price on both eBay and Craigslist.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
The older sl3 came with black hardware but the newer ones are chrome, the older one also had a TB4 in the bridge and that's now a TB6 in the newer one. I don't know exactly when they changed that or why, I have the newer one with chrome now but did have the one with the black previously and can't say I notice any difference between them.
Wow, that's actually quite a bit cheaper than I expected it to have been. Sounds pretty sweet!

And I'll keep an eye out for one with black hardware, seems pretty rad to me if it has that.
I got my Jackson half DK-2, half PS4 for $300. Originally, it was a whole DK-2 for that price. Any way you look at it, a hell of a steal. You can find a lot on eBay for around that price. Mine is left handed, so you will see a lot more right handed ones. I know they've made changes to the guitars, but they're made in the same factory in Japan. They have been for 20 or so years now I think. Japanese Jacksons are really nice guitars, especially when you get one used at a great price.
Wow, that's a fantastic deal! I will definitely keep my eyes out for a Japanese one then, and I will turn to eBay or such if I am unsuccessful with finding one in person by late 2012. So far I'm actually finding myself quite fond if the DK2M posted above... good price, Seymour's, and the maple looks sharp as can be... but I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks
The DKMG is also a nice model that i think would fall in your budget, I'm not sure how it compares to a DK2M but they could be worth having a look at...
MY main guitar is a Jackson DXMG and I have had it for over 8 years and I ****ing love it. It has EMG-HZ which I am considering replacing because I love the guitar so much. It has a Jackson FR which is not too bad. People have said those bridges are pretty good and mine is alright but i've been having problems with mine but I think thats down to my inability to set it up correctly and I have not been detuning it properly.

Otherwise its a ****ing amazing guitar I bought it for £370 brand new. Money well spent
the jackson trem isn't that great imo
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That looks like it would also fit what I'd want, il definitely keep an eye out for it. Thanks !
Quote by Dave_Mc
the jackson trem isn't that great imo

Depends on which jackson you have, I have the sl3 soloist and the trem is as good as my original floyd without a doubt. The dinky ones aren't to bad but the I think the JS ones are a bit pants.
I suppose I'll just see how much abuse the trem can take if I find one?