First of all i apologize if this has already been discussed, i ran a quick search and didnt find anything.

While browsing another forum (not sure if im allowed to mention it) i found a post where a user mentioned that there are some leaked pictures for 2 new Ibanez models to be released in Q2 and Q3. If you google RG2XXV and RG3XXV you can see the pictures, however i cant figure out of they are real or just photoshopped.
The RG3XXV is pretty much identical to the RG465, reverse headstock, matched inlays and headstock, Dimarzio pick ups, no premium logo like the RG1XXV. The main difference is that it has the newer Ibanez tremolo instead of the Edge 3.

What do you guys think about it? Do you think its just a hoax or these could really be new models?
I think it really is new models; I just don't know why the RG2 hasn't been announced yet, considering that the RG3 should only be one month away as well. Maybe the 2 and 3 are getting released/announced at the same time? Either way, I'm definitely picking up an RG3 or RG4 depending on whether the RG4 is just an RG3 with upgrades or not. If it is then I'll go for that. Maybe both? Already have the RG1 and it's an excellent guitar. It sounds slightly more "plastic" unplugged than my RG20th but that's the only thing weird with it. It definitely has the nicest neck you can ask for.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by Sledgeman
Have you played many?

Yes. And I'd take any low end mij (post aanj) or lower end prestiges any day.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at May 10, 2012,
i have been disappointed with the quality of the premiums i have played. i tried three of them, i think that two were the same model i don't remember.

all i know based on the guitars i played, that a 1550 would be way better and they are typically cheaper and many with better pickups. at least thats what i see around here.

shit i bought a 2570EVSL for $400 with case and case candy. it is mint.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've been playing Ibanez since 1985 and had all kinds of models like, Roadstar, Proline, RG, S, FGM and more. I think the Premiums are very good, when they are good that is. It's a bit hit and miss when it comes from the factory. But even "bad" ones can be fixed with small effort and a good setup.

I got the JEM70V a couple of weeks ago and the setup was horrible and it needed some adjustments and fixes. The nut was too high so the stringheight at first fret was a whopping 1,2 mm. The neck/pocket allignment was off so the high e was much closer to the edge of the fretboard than the low e. After fixing this i rather play this than my Prestiges.
Thats awful. ^
The only thing I really liked about the premiums I've tried was the fretwork, very well done.

Off topic, how'd you like the Gambale? I've been dying to try one.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy

Off topic, how'd you like the Gambale? I've been dying to try one.

I had mine since it was new in -91 but sold it in -96. It was my main guitar during that time. I can honostly say that i remember it as the best guitar i've ever had. But i think one tends to glorify alot of things from the past so i don't really know what i would think of it today. I've been close to pick one up several times the last years but i'm afraid i won't like it and spoil a good memory.
I have the pink RG1XXV and there are a few black dots here and there, they are VERY small but once you know where they are paranoia kicks in and you will keep seeing them... I would have expected at the very least a flawless finish on a guitar than is €900, especially when my RG465 that is half the price is near perfect. A bit disappointed.
Last edited by tappooh at May 11, 2012,
Quote by tappooh
I have the pink RG1XXV and there are a few black dots here and there, they are VERY small but once you know where they are paranoia kicks in and you will keep seeing them... I would have expected at the very least a flawless finish on a guitar than is €900, especially when my RG465 that costs half the price is near perfect. A bit disappointed.

According to some people at jemsite, the black dots can på scraped of with a fingernail or rubbed of with polish.