I have a brother in his late 30's, who had a daughter with his partner (they're not married) a few months ago. His partner has a 5 year old already from a previous relationship, but she's taken to my brother as a real father.

3 weeks ago, they were fighting a lot - it doesn't matter what about - but communication was definitely an issu. They were on the verge of breaking up, but they decided to work through their problems, and try to be more open and communicative.

Here's the problem - Last Friday I went to the pub on a whim. There's my brother sat there, with some attractive blonde woman, looking very friendly. He came over and told me that I didn't see anything - Fine, but it's not like I'd have just ran and ratted him out anyway, he's my brother. He claims now that she's just a friend from work, but I know who he works for (they're a contract company for the company I work for), and I know she doesn't work there.

It's not unsurprising - he's seemed unhappy for a long time, but in that case, why try for a child, and why try and continue to make it work, if he's not really into the relationship?

I'm rambling, and probably not making much sense. Anyways, any advice, Pit? Any similar experiences? What did you do? How did it work out?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Looking for serious relationship advice in the Pit.
I like your style. Bold. Very bold in deed.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Honestly, I'd say it isn't your problem. It may seem quite harsh, but at the end of the day, it's your brother's responsability what he does with his penis.

I think you should just let him do what he wants. He'll probably soon learn that no one likes a philanderer.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
better put him on a leash or you'll be spending considerably more on new year/birthday/... presents in a few years...

jk.. why not just ask him what he's up to?
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
I'm amazed you're asking this in the pit, to be honest..

But, in my opinion, you should just talk to him. At the moment you're only abstracting from what you've seen. There may be a lot that you haven't seen. If you don't ask him you'll never find out..
We've survived before, we'll do it agian. Play up Pompey.
Took me 4 read throughs to realize that by partner you didn't mean that your brother was a homosexual having a heterosexual affair.
Quote by hendrixism
Took me 4 read throughs to realize that by partner you didn't mean that your brother was a homosexual having a heterosexual affair.

Oddly enough I did the same thing!
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
You can't live your brothers life for him. Any involvement you have in this will not end well for you so just leave it be.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Just go up to your brother tell him you're jealous he's cheating with a woman instead of with you.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
I think if you're brother loves his partner but other girls make him happy just let him be happy.
Who really cares if hes with other women.