Just a general thought, does your mood affect your playing.

For me, if I've ever had a sad day and I pick up my guitar I can't play for shit. When I'm in a good mood I usually come out with some good stuff.

I'm pretty angry at the moment because one of my friends has lost me my deposit on our holiday, wondering what will happen if I play now.

What do you guys think?
I just know that when my head is full of unsorted shit, I can't play Tetris properly, if that counts.

My bass playing remains the same though. Whenever I play bass, I break free from my depressing realm of thoughts, which is great every now and then.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Yeah, but not in the way that I can't play.

If I'm feeling slightly down, I tend to improvise sadder sounding arpeggi and chord progression or bluesier stuff. If I'm in a better mood I play heavier, or venture into other sounding stuff.

Sometimes I'm in a stupid mood and play punk
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by WantsLesPaul
yea on bad days i sjust cut my self and play some linking park

Feel ya, bro.
well whether i'm laughing or crying i can sweep as good, so i guess no, it doesn't ;o
when I'm angry I play very differently. I play super aggressively, downpick as fast as possible, do ridiculously fast galloping, and just play as fast as I can. It sounds like shit but it is definitely impressive how much faster I can play when I'm pissed off.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
When I get pissed, I make my bass sound like the hammer of Thor pounding on your head, and my guitar sound like it could rip through flesh and crush bones. After I cool down, I tend to ease up the settings and go for a more chill mood.

Idk, works for me anyway.
When I am sad or angry I just lose all motivation to play. On the rare instances that I have actually played in such an emotional state it came out decent, but sounding a bit forced due to obvious reasons.
I don't like playing when I'm too angry or too sad, just because it will feel too melodramatic and self indulgent, but it does affect what I'll feel like playing. It has a larger effect on my writing, but same rules apply.
Quote by 14xjake
when I'm angry I play very differently. I play super aggressively, downpick as fast as possible, do ridiculously fast galloping, and just play as fast as I can. It sounds like shit but it is definitely impressive how much faster I can play when I'm pissed off.
Well done?

No. I'll play the same. If I have a lot on my mind, I guess I could be concentrating on that more than my playing. It's more the actual band that affects my playing. Like the other day, I was jamming at a pub and wasn't too pleased with my playing. But then, I played with a different group of people and then like magic, my playing got awesome. I bust out some awesome improvised solos, my playing was really tight and I had a fantastic time. If the band are playing well, I'm probably gunna play better too.
Well, some days when I have manic episodes...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yeah. When I'm upset either I don't even want to play, or something really cool comes out. When I'm uninspired, nothing comes out. When I'm inspired, a lot comes out. Though I guess that goes without telling

Not sure where TS was going, I was thinking more on a creative level. If I'm upset I honestly don't know what happens to my technical ability.
I think it affects my playing quite a bit, but only because it means I probably won't be into the music as much and my mind will be in a different place. My playing really depends on how into the music I am and if I actually like the song. Nothing bugs me more than having to play a song that I don't like or can't get into.

It kinda helps my writing though. There's nothing I like more than going outside at night with an acoustic when I'm upset/angry.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
when i feel down, all i wanna do is play the blues...

*response*

OHHHHH when I'm feellin down, ALL I WANNA DO.. is play the blues..

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low