Hello. I'm looking for some effect which will make my amp sound more... full, singing etc. 9can't find a way for it). I mean... Some kind of Gary Moore type of sound? I will use it for solos, melodies and so on. But I'm realy not into effects and stuff. So I will be really thankful if you could help me pick some booster/overdrive/or something else.
Thanks a lot (sorry for me english)
What guitar are we talking? Gary Moore often used a delay pedal to thicken his tone, so you might want to consider that. depending on your guitar, a pickup swap might also be helpful, however, Marshall Valvestates aren't great amps, so that might be the root of the issue. I certainly wouldn't put a boost in front of one
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Maybe a set of these?

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Step 1: Remove Marshall Logo

Step 2: Buy a used JCM800 without the logo

Step 3: Put your logo on the New amp.

You now have the basic building block to get a Gary Moore tone...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I have Epiphone Les Paul standard, forgot to metion I know that valvestates aren't great, but I just don't have a budget to buy a new amp. I will borrow delay pedal from a friend and see how it goes. Any other ideas?
See if you can get hold of an old Marshall Guvnor pedal and try that on the clean channel
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The biggest problem is your amp. Gary Moore used Plexis and DSLs to get his tone. With the DSLs, he would crank the Master Volume and use the Gain as his volume to get more Power Amp distortion than Pre Amp distortion. That's where most of his tone comes from. Without a tube amp, though, you can't get that effect with your amp.
A guy in my band tried to give his VS8100 more balls by running it into an awesome Soldano 2x12, the best 2x12 I have ever heard. He failed miserably.
If you want Gary's tone get a JTM45 and stick an overdrive in front of it (he used a mk1 Marshall Guv'nor). You cannot get Gary's godly tone out of a VS8080, it just can't be done. Sorry.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
from experience i can tell you keep the treble low, around 3 or so. other than that, just use your ears and try all the different modes on the amp, like crunch od1 od2. most people on the forum will bash it but i thought it was a pretty cool amp, then again i was using it for metal so maybe that's its forte.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Paddy McK
What guitar are we talking? Gary Moore often used a delay pedal to thicken his tone, so you might want to consider that. depending on your guitar, a pickup swap might also be helpful, however, Marshall Valvestates aren't great amps, so that might be the root of the issue. I certainly wouldn't put a boost in front of one

What the hell are you talking about, the problem may be in Marshall? honestly, Marshall is only the top 10 Guitar Amplifiers, means the best guitarists in the world are all wrong, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Angus Young, Slash, Adrian Smith,
among many others..
Quote by TuTama
What the hell are you talking about, the problem may be in Marshall? honestly, Marshall is only the top 10 Guitar Amplifiers, means the best guitarists in the world are all wrong, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Angus Young, Slash, Adrian Smith,
among many others..

Serious?

Or just stupid?
Charles Darwin
Quote by TuTama
among many others..

You are so right. There is no distinction between a Ford Focus and a Ford Mustang Cobra. They're both Fords right?

Also, when did Kurt Cobain use a Marshall?

Lastly, this thread is seven months old. No one gives a shit anymore. Take your stupid elsewhere.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by TuTama
among many others..
a) this is a solid state marshall, not used by any of those artists
b) Marshall haven't come up with a good amp since the turn of the century (imho they've only ever had 4 good production models)
c) Marshall's reputation far exceeds their design ability and build quality
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by TuTama
among many others..

Ye be a few sails short of a dingy, aye lad?

This parlay need'nt be open anymore mates.
She's been dredged back from the depths, and should be allowed to rest in Davy Jone's locker.
Dinghies don't have sails.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by TuTama
among many others..

yeah hendrix ****ing loved his valvestate
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tubetime86
Dinghies don't have sails.

Oh but they do...or can...people even race 'em...

People with more balls than the TS' Valvestate, probably...
Charles Darwin