So the saddle snapped on my acoustic the other day which shouldn't really be a big deal except the bottom half that is stuck into the bridge was glued into there..... anybody have any ideas on how to get that out?

Thanks
Not something I'd recommend doing yourself but a decent repairman or luthier shouldn't have any problem.

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Guitar/Saddles/ThruSaddle/thrusaddle.html
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Not something I'd recommend doing yourself but a decent repairman or luthier shouldn't have any problem.

x2
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
If wood glue was used, a little heat may loosen it. Like the above posters said, taking it to a good tech or luthier is probably the best way to go about it.
a white phosphorus grenade thru the soundhole should do the trick in loosening up that glue, if you don't have any my second choice would be a luthier... thankfully i have a few spares just in case !
Quote by stepchildusmc
a white phosphorus grenade thru the soundhole should do the trick in loosening up that glue, if you don't have any my second choice would be a luthier... thankfully i have a few spares just in case !
Grenades, guitars, or luthiers?

Quote by Ekoroski
So the saddle snapped on my acoustic the other day which shouldn't really be a big deal except the bottom half that is stuck into the bridge was glued into there..... anybody have any ideas on how to get that out?

Thanks
OK, you have to very careful here, (so does the pro, if you go that route.

Whatever wood glue they used, will be stronger than the wood of the bridge. Which means, if you are successful at pulling the saddle piece out, it may still have pieces of bridge wood attached.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 22, 2012,