Page 1 of 2
I think when a CD gets up to 70 dollars that's when I really stop wanting it. That's more than half of what I make in a week. But would you pay for that much for say an original first press CD? Or would you get the reissue that has the crappy reissue album artwork?
Quote by phayzze
I would never pay more than $10 or $15 for a CD.

I'd be more in the 10-20 range and maybe 30-60 for a really rare out of print CD. I don't spend money on used vinyls though. Used vinyl is like buying a used car. It's just better to get it new.
It depends on the CD. There are some that I would pay £15-20 for, others I just watch out for on Amazon Marketplace and get the when they go down to a few pence.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I tend to buy used off of the internet, but in general, 10-20$ is my limit. I'm sort of pissed that the original Slightly Stoopid album is hundreds of dollars for a CD..
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Generally speaking I download the album online first. If I think the band is good and I like the album I'll go buy a physical copy.

Edit- No more than $20
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
No more than £10 normally, unless it's a really good album.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I'm hesitant to pay over $15 for a CD, and would very very rarely ever pay over $20. The only way I'd drop srs doughstacks is if it were an out-of-print vinyl of an album that I really loved. idgaf about first-run CDs. Reissues generally have nicer artwork & remastering in my experience.
If they costed much less than they do now, I'd buy more of them. Right now, the average cost of CDs are around 180 Norwegian kroner, which is approximately 30 US dollars.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Darkness_Man
I'd be more in the 10-20 range and maybe 30-60 for a really rare out of print CD. I don't spend money on used vinyls though. Used vinyl is like buying a used car. It's just better to get it new.

You used the term, "vinyls" therefore I know you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and completely ignored the rest of your post.

OT: Probably about $30ish. I wouldn't want to go any higher because there are always new releases that I want to buy, and spending any more than that means I probably will miss something.
Quote by RPGoof
Depends on the CD. I've spent over $20 on CDs that I torrented a long while ago and really wanted a copy, and I can see myself spending a lot more to snag some vinyls.

I got that exact same CD for half that price
Quote by wizards?
You used the term, "vinyls" therefore I know you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and completely ignored the rest of your post.

OT: Probably about $30ish. I wouldn't want to go any higher because there are always new releases that I want to buy, and spending any more than that means I probably will miss something.

Oh, you're one of THEM.

Vinyls is the way you say it. Haters gonna hate.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Depends on the availability. I get luck though with my record store. I bought every Pearl Jam album Ten - Binaural for 12 bucks there (granted, they were used. But that's still an awesome price)

Fuc*kin brootal man. pearl jam is trve brootal kvlt
Whatever they charge on the internetz. Which apparently is nothing.

just kidding, i don't have money for that shit nor do i have the time to **** around trying to download songs that come in 89437560 different formats and won't work anyways.
I think I've paid up to $30. I personally don't mind, because it's clearly something I wanted bad. I'm om the fence about dropping ~$75 on Probot however...
Quote by metalblaster
Whatever they charge on the internetz. Which apparently is nothing.

just kidding, i don't have money for that shit nor do i have the time to **** around trying to download songs that come in 89437560 different formats and won't work anyways.

This got me thinking. I could download it on flac format and put it onto CDs and use a program I have to make little album covers and put them in jewel cases. Instant album for cheap!
Generally I try to keep under $15. If it's more than that (which is usually the case, they're around $25 here) I wait for a sale or something.
I'm not too worried about getting them right when they're released. I've bought over 30 albums in the last two months because of a new years sale but I barely bought 5 in the year before that.

The most I've spent on an album is $50 because it was a double CD, I was on vacation, and I couldn't find any torrents of it.
cat
Usually $15 most, I'll dish out an extra 5 for a double album/greatest hits deal though, and would pay what I need to for an out of print that I really want.

Torrent may be free, but the quality is always shit compared to the disk.
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
My most expensive, so needed though, linkyyyy

Get a flac download and just transfer it to a CD. Don't waste money on stuff that isn't even metal either. Support metal till death.
Quote by MetalMike676
Usually $15 most, I'll dish out an extra 5 for a double album/greatest hits deal though, and would pay what I need to for an out of print that I really want.

Torrent may be free, but the quality is always shit compared to the disk.

The quality of a free rar or zip file is pretty much the same quality as an iTunes download.
Quote by wizards?

What should he say? 'Vinyl records'? That's pretty fucking nitpicky.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Minivirus2
I think I've paid up to $30. I personally don't mind, because it's clearly something I wanted bad. I'm om the fence about dropping ~$75 on Probot however...

Don't. I got Probot used for $7 at Newbury Comics.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It is. Hell, the vast amount of people who I deal with at work, who grew up with vinyl, call it vinyl, and they certainly know what they're on about.

No, it's the use of the s. You can certainly call it vinyl, or records, but say vinyls in a record store and you'll get laughed out.
Quote by wizards?
No, it's the use of the s. You can certainly call it vinyl, or records,

Sure, it's incorrect, just like saying 'steels' or 'cobalts', but
Quote by wizards?
but say vinyls in a record store and you'll get laughed out.

oh, well that's just retarded.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
wait. pay for music?
I'm just another musician waiting to be famous.

follow my twitter here
Please! listen to my music here
Page 1 of 2