The power cord for my 5150 was recently damaged. More specificly the 3rd prong that plugs in to an outlet (the round one) is broken off. Is it necisary to have it replaced? How much does that cost (usd). can it be done by my self? in addition how much would it cost to have the head serviced to make sure everything is okay and opperating correctly?
Get a new cable. Everything on the plug is there for a reason. And that prong is probably the ground. Don't even consider plugging your amp in.

Just get a new cable and/or take the amp to a tech for sevice.

Don't know the prices in the us.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Just buy a new cord, I'm assuming it's one that you can take out of the back of the amp? If so, just buy a new one, shouldn't be hard to find, just bring it into an electronics store and ask for a new one.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Go to your local hardware store an buy a heavy duty replacement plug. No soldering is required - just screw type terminals.

All you have to do is cut the plug off the damaged cord, strip the sheath and insulation off the ends of the wires, connect the wires to the appropriate terminals and you're good to go.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 21, 2012,
Then take it to a tech. Without it, the amp has the potential to become lethal.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Do like 667 sugested, it souldnt cost more than $7 for the replacement Male plug end.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ Right, I missed that.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz