Yesterday I purchased a Schecter Omen 6 used at the local guitar center. I'm mainly a blues guy, but I love Black Stone Cherry and almost all of their stuff is in drop C#, so I was looking for a guitar that could handle low tunings like that. My problem is that the guitar buzzes like hell in anything below standard. There's even a bit of buzz in E standard. In all fairness I'm a fairly hard strummer, but I figured that the guitar was built for metal so it could handle it. I'm kind of perplexed as for what to do, as I had the GC mechanic set it up when I purchased it. I doubt that it would be any cause for this, but two of the ferrules for the strings on the back of the guitar are missing, and I'm in contact with Schecter to try to get replacements. Thank you for any help!
Maybe you need some thicker strings? You might also need to adjust the action a bit, but it should be fine if the guitar was set up before you brought it home.
1.) You needed to tell the guy what tuning he needed to set the guitar up in.

2.) Fret buzz is only bad if you can hear it though the amp. Most optimal setups will buzz unplugged, but not through the amp. 99% of guitars are not without some acoustic buzz.
I'm just kinda paranoid about the buzzing I guess... I'm taking my other guitar to the same guy to replace a pickup selector switch, so I might have him set it up for drop C#. Also, I'm currently using 48-11 strings rather than the usual 46-10's.
-Epiphone Dot
-Schecter Omen 6
-Dean Markley Acoustic
-Vox Pathfinder 15R
-Vox Lil' Nightrain
-BOSS ME-70
It's probably just the neck flexing a little bit from tension changes when you go back and forth between tunings. Like the guy above said though, even really good and well set up guitars can still buzz a little bit. My PRS will buzz just a bit if I don't take care and play with super clean technique, but it's cool because the action is less that 1/16" and the buzzing isn't amplified.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Could be... I guess it's more of an issue of how comfortable it is. In Drop tunings it's almost unusable. I guess I'm gonna jack up the action a bit and hope that it doesn't throw off the intonation too much.
-Epiphone Dot
-Schecter Omen 6
-Dean Markley Acoustic
-Vox Pathfinder 15R
-Vox Lil' Nightrain
-BOSS ME-70