Page 1 of 4
oh.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Speaking as both a Foo Fighter and Dream Theater fan:

Who cares?
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Because Foo Fighters is obviously the superior Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band here, with Sum 41 being a close second.
Because Dream Theater's new album is shit and Foo Fighters are a much bigger band in a much less niche genre.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
i'm a big DT fan, but i dont think they should have won.
if anything, i think mastodon should have got it. but white limo is a solid piece
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
What compitition did Foo Fighters have? Besides Megadeth with Public Enemy No.1 (which I believe sucked ass). Wait til this year when Metallica, Priest, Dragonforce, iMaiden and all the big bands go off and make records and tour. Next year's grammys will be alot more interesting (at least in the metal catagories, cant help the live performances part).
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Well I think I can explain.

Dream Theater makes good music, you can't deny that. One does not simply makes a song like that one, it's to hard and requires study, skill and talent. But, Dream Theater band members are old and a lil fat...

Foo Fighters make basic songs, you can make something like that without understanding music theory (who needs theory when there is power chords?). But, they're young and good looking, also they are a commercial band.

humm...
Quote by Daniel'sDream

Dream Theater makes good music, you can't deny that. One does not simply makes a song like that one, it's to hard and requires study, skill and talent. But, Dream Theater band members are old and a lil fat...

Foo Fighters make basic songs, you can make something like that without understanding music theory (who needs theory when there is power chords?). But, they're young and good looking, also they are a commercial band.

humm...

Do you know who the Foo Fighters are?

And theory doesn't make your songs creative, being creative does, which is why they got it.
Last edited by rockfan7 at Feb 21, 2012,
Also, outside of this website, few people give much of a shit for overly technical music when really all they want is something that sounds good while they go about their day. Dream Theater is boring if you don't know what they're doing. Or maybe they're just boring.
Quote by Daniel'sDream

humm...

Dude, who cares about the Grammy Awards anyway

Does it actually surprise you that a band like Dream Theater did not win?
Quote by Daniel'sDream
But, they're young and good looking, also they are a commercial band.

humm...

Average age of the Foo Fighters - 43

Average age of Dream Theater - 48

Not a lot in it.
oh, well... then why I'm wasting my time in a progressive metal band, it gives me so much work >.<.

I'll just take 5 minutes of my time to make a song like that and imma getting a grammy

Seriously, is it me who has a great musical talent and find that type of song basic and easy to do or is it just you that suck as being a musician, and because of that you find that thing a masterpiece?
Quote by Daniel'sDream
oh, well... then why I'm wasting my time in a progressive metal band, it gives me so much work >.<.

I'll just take 5 minutes of my time to make a song like that and imma getting a grammy

Seriously, is it me who has a great musical talent and find that type of song basic and easy to do or is it just you that suck as being a musician, and because of that you find that thing a masterpiece?

No one said it was a masterpiece. What is wrong with you?
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by Daniel'sDream

Your profile lists Nickelback as one of your favourite bands...
Quote by Daniel'sDream

You seem to be making the mistake of equating "musically complex" with "good."
Quote by Daniel'sDream

I'll just take 5 minutes of my time making a song like that and imma getting a grammy

I give you the rest of your life to write a song as well written as Everlong, or Stranger Things Have Happened. If it's so easy and you're theory is so deep you could do it by tomorrow right?
Quote by Daniel'sDream

If you ARE serious, I hate people like you.
Quote by Sampy

Quote by Daniel'sDream

Sometimes basic is best. The quicker you realise that, the sooner you'll be a better musician.
Also, I'm convinced that Everlong is the greatest song ever written. I'm not even a big Foo fan. It's just that good.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by Sampy

I heard that they are hated in the US, never knew why though... but here, in europe they're pretty famous, and everyone seems to like them :/.

Also that list is a bit old, I need to change it a bit.
The grammys don't know shit about metal. Like one time they gave Jethro Tull a grammy over Metallica. Really?

Which one looks metal?

TL;DR The grammys wouldn't know metal,even if it burst their eardrums.
Last edited by Axelfox at Feb 21, 2012,
someone is butt hurt... Foos=popular=reconition=grammy.
plus its Dave Ghrol...come on...
edit: this conversation is wasting light....
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Last edited by jwax at Feb 21, 2012,
But, Dream Theater are better techically and can do lots of solos!

Someone rub some cream on my butt
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Daniel'sDream
I heard that they are hated in the US, never knew why though... but here, in europe they're pretty famous, and everyone seems to like them :/.

About a month old?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Daniel'sDream

They're popular everywhere, but everyone hates them.

And how could you hate on the Foos for being simple if you like Nickleback They write the same song over and over
Quote by rockfan7

They're popular everywhere, but everyone hates them.

And how could you hate on the Foos for being simple if you like Nickleback They write the same song over and over

Did I ever said that I hate Foo Fighters ??? No, I didn't. I just think they didn't deserved that grammy over DT.
The Foo Fighters are just a lil bit livelier Nirvana with some alcohol... a.k.a. just as shitty.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Well you said they got it because they don't know shit about music and they're young and attractive, sounds like hatin' to me. Ignoring the simple fact that White Limo is simply a better song, even though it doesn't have guitar solos. It's more metal/hard rock too.
Quote by Axelfox
The grammys don't know shit about music

Fixed

By the choice of their winners, I am guessing that the judges are 13 year old white girls.

-Adele
-Foo Fighters
-Taylor Swift
-Chris Brown
-Skrillex
Last edited by xSheogorathx at Feb 21, 2012,
Page 1 of 4