i have a vk 112 combo and can not afford an upgrade so was wondering what mods are available to make it better. i dont dislike the vk at all but if there ways to make it better i would like to know. i have looked at the thread but found it was way over my head in terms of understanding so any help would be greatly appreciated
Quote by jamie vk
i have a vk 112 combo and can not afford an upgrade so was wondering what mods are available to make it better. i dont dislike the vk at all but if there ways to make it better i would like to know. i have looked at the thread but found it was way over my head in terms of understanding so any help would be greatly appreciated

Well after a few minutes of googlin i found this

http://ultimate-guitar-valveking.wikispaces.com/Amp+Mods+-+Electronics

Maby this will help you... maby not
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Throw a new speaker in it, the stock one is complete shit. I put an eminence Man o War in mine and it sounds great.

Also put something in the effects loop if you dont have anything there already.
Your choice here:
i have been looking at speaker changes but theres so much choice.....what kind of tone does yours give you?
More hard rock/metal-ish. nice cleans though. really it just sounds pretty damn good.

To be honest though any decent speaker should sound way better than what you've got now.
Your choice here:
i dont want metal tones, but i want something that distorts well and to get rid of some of that muddy dark tone the vk already has, i like the darker voicing of the amp but its a little too dark
well then ya got some research to do.

sorry man, i'm no expert here, i can only tell ya what's worked for me.
Your choice here:
yep... google is your friend.. ALOT of stuff on the net about this amp... only a few key strokes away
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107