Came across this on craigslist, and I have no idea what it's worth.

"Ibanez electric guitar and a hard shell carrying case Works perfectly, some minor cosmetic wear, but everything is in good working condition
Rosewood fingerboard
22 frets no whammy bar.
It has one tone one volume
5-way pickup selector
The Guitar Sounds good, and it has a hard shell carrying case, Perfect for beginners. "

The guy is asking $100.

I've been playing off and on for like 15 years but just recently started getting serious again so I have no idea what to look for in a used guitar.

I'm a big fan of Ibanez. Just curious of what a guitar like this would cost new and if it's worth my while.

If anyone could even point me in the direction of where to figure out about how old this is/what it's worth, that'd be awesome.
Is there a better pic of the headstock? It looks like maybe 80s. I could tell you more if I could get a clear pic of the headstock.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
It looks rather like an Ibanez Blazer series guitar; late 80s to early 90s.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I looked up some pictures of both the RX and Blazer series, and if it's either, it looks more like the RX because of the cutaways.

The Blazer cutaways are shorter and fatter while these are longer and slimmer like the RX series.

I'm finding a lot of contradictory information about the RX series. I'm finding some stuff that makes it sound low-end and others that make it sound like it was just high quality at a low price.
I've got access to an RX170 from the late 90s and it's nothing like this. I can say that the RX170 is not a quality instrument. It has a plywood body, low grade hardware, and I can't get the action down on it to save my life. I put a lot of work into it regardless and ended up with a decent guitar for the friend who owns it, but the action is still a major issue.
Look at it like this... What can $100 buy you in a guitar these days? A Squier Affinity or Bullet? An Epi LP 100? This is most likely better than those, and it has a case. If you got the cash to spend I'd go for it.

If this was local to me, I'd tell you to pass on it. Then I'd go buy it.
Ibanez SR1200E
Quote by pachap
Look at it like this... What can $100 buy you in a guitar these days? A Squier Affinity or Bullet? An Epi LP 100? This is most likely better than those, and it has a case. If you got the cash to spend I'd go for it.

If this was local to me, I'd tell you to pass on it. Then I'd go buy it.

Probably at least a yamaha pacifica. There are better options out there, especially used, for $100 if this is as bad as it seems.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
what country did it say it was in on the head stock? (assuming its there)

i have no knowledge of this guitar beyond what i have read in the thread, but there were some nice American guitaris coming out in the 80's i have a MIA peavey horizon that is mint that i paid $80 for. awesome guitar. just saying if you can find the year or factory that will tell you more.

but i would trust the knowledge posted above me.

plywood is a no no.

i would go with pachip though. for $100 case and decent guitar sounds like a good deal to me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what country did it say it was in on the head stock? (assuming its there)

i have no knowledge of this guitar beyond what i have read in the thread, but there were some nice American guitaris coming out in the 80's i have a MIA peavey horizon that is mint that i paid $80 for. awesome guitar. just saying if you can find the year or factory that will tell you more.

but i would trust the knowledge posted above me.

plywood is a no no.

i would go with pachip though. for $100 case and decent guitar sounds like a good deal to me.

So it comes with a case. I say go for it. That would prolly be a decent strat case eh
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Like I said, I asked the guy for a few closeups of the headstock. Hopefully this works out as I've been wanting a strat-style guitar.

Even if it's a good deal for $100, I want to make sure it's a good enough guitar that I can play on it for quite a while before I outgrow it. I don't want to buy something just because it's a good deal if it's still not that great of a guitar. I was originally planning to spend around $400-500, but if this works out, looks like I'll be getting a couple pedals with it.