NOT!!! Got this last night. It's an Ibanez RG1XXV which means it's from the first run of 25th anniversary RG's. Haven't spent too much time with it yet, but I'm loving it so far. It plays fantastically. The Edge Zero II trem feels pretty solid and holds tune well. Hopefully it holds up. Thing that really surprised me is that the pickups really sound great. It has a bunch of tonal options. Usually stock Ibby pickups are junk but I like these. They may actually stay. I added different colored knobs and switch tip and the pink clip lock.

ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Nah it's rosewood.

Man, that thing is cool! xD Tbh I think the green/yellow controls look weird tough, would be better if they were pink too, but whatever.
Congrats!
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
They were pink. I was inspired by the old pink Jem's that were that way. Here is how it came.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Nice, but the tittle should have said "NGD Bright as ****"
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i love it!! im not sure i like it when the inlays match the color of the guitar, mainly on these florescent paintjobs, but I like that color otherwise! id like something in neon green someday...

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by Tom 1.0

Awesome.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm usually a fan of subtle guitars, but I've always had a soft spot for those kind of RGs. Especially the bright green ones with maple necks. Then again I do love 80s hair metal...

I want one so bad.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mother of God

If that thing sounds as half a loud as it looks, you have a winner on your hands.
Ibanez SR1200E
God you better be able to play when you have that lmao.. love it in jem mode
You should get a different color pickguard.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Very nice. I rather want one myself, but alas, Ibanez necks cramp my hands. Still, HNGD. That's a real man's guitar, and I mean that sincerely. Lovely change from all the satin black garbage you see everywhere.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
HNGD. Now go play that thing in a dark room surrounded by black lights.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by MrFlibble
Very nice. I rather want one myself, but alas, Ibanez necks cramp my hands. Still, HNGD. That's a real man's guitar, and I mean that sincerely. Lovely change from all the satin black garbage you see everywhere.

that's very true. Its a shame that Wizard necks are way too thin for my hands because i can really see myself bonding with Ibanez it not for that.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 22, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
that's very true. Its a shame that Wizard necks are way too thin for my hands because i can really see myself bonding with Ibanez it not for that.

This, other than neck being WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVERLY THIN for what a guitar should be that guitar looks really nice and i would get one myself, now if they had different options like a more boatnecky neck or a fender-esque fatty neck i would get one...

It's still not bright enough man! You need a mirror pickguard to really be able to hail the light!!!!
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
i don't really have a problem with the ibanez necks. i'm glad a major manufacturer actually puts those necks on a guitar. I mean you aren't exactly running out of other guitars with thicker necks, most other manufacturers have thicker necks it wouldn't make a whole heap of sense to put a "boatnecky" neck on an RG. it'd be like saying, "I love this ferrari but i wish it were more suited to the school run". it's kinda missing the point.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not really. Just because a neck is thin doesn't mean its fast. Thin necks make me play slower because of hand cramps if anything. I don't see why Ibanez can't do shred guitars that are better suited for people with large hands. I got used to having a thin neck on my Epi Prophecy, but when i played my Gibson with a much thicker D shaped neck, i just realized what i was missing out on.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
They do opt for a bit of a niche with the necks on their RG's and S's, but on the other hand... They do have some models with fatter necks (like the SA's), and I think they've strived pretty well on their thin-neck-strategy.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Not really. Just because a neck is thin doesn't mean its fast. Thin necks make me play slower because of hand cramps if anything. I don't see why Ibanez can't do shred guitars that are better suited for people with large hands. I got used to having a thin neck on my Epi Prophecy, but when i played my Gibson with a much thicker D shaped neck, i just realized what i was missing out on.

but if they annoy your hands, there are other guitars with thicker necks you can play

if ibanez stopped the thin-necked guitars, what guitars would there be for people like me who like them?

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
but if they annoy your hands, there are other guitars with thicker necks you can play

if ibanez stopped the thin-necked guitars, what guitars would there be for people like me who like them?

I'm just saying. There's just not that many shred-style guitars out there that have thicker necks. Schectors are the only make and they're crap imo.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
maybe there's a reason for that?

but seriously... yeah i kinda know what you mean. are you sure there's nothing else that's a bit thicker?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know. That's the thing. I'm a big fan of thicker D shaped necks.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
do some of the esps not have thicker necks?

whether you'd consider them "shred", though, I dunno. Depends on what you want for shred, too. I mean if the neck is the only thing that's annoying you, even something like a fender strat with swapped pickups might work. I mean most "shred" guitars are basically hot-rodded strats.

EDIT: vigiers have d-shaped necks. they felt fairly slim to me, but if that's what you like, they're bound to be worth a try. i really liked the ones i tried. but the prices have shot way up recently. I've heard rumours that the prices are going to drop, but have never actually seen any lower prices in online stores

alternatively you could just get something custom-made.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 22, 2012,
I don't know how thick of a shape you're looking for.

But I find ESP necks are the perfect balance between schecter and Ibanez necks.

Also, PRS has a few "shred" type guitars don't they?
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Quote by BeastModeEngage
I don't know how thick of a shape you're looking for.

The neck on my V is the most comfortable i've tried. But i've never come across another guitar with a neck quite like it before.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Flying-V/Gibson-USA/Flying-V/Features.aspx
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
freakin' 80's-licious! love it man!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.