I just bought a screamin' blues overdrive pedal. I had $80 the sb was $50 and the bad monkey was $60. I really needed an od so I made an impulse decision because I was being rushed. I got to play aroind with both, and I felt the blues had a little more output and was a little more clear than the bm. I'm going to use it to boost a two chanel mesa boogie dual rectifier, primarily for modern metal. The SB is good for that right? Or should I have dished out the extra ten for the bm?
Easily the Bad Monkey... $10? Come on. Not trying to get you down here, but a Bad Monkey sounds better in almost any situation. I used to make fun of them for the ridiculous name and being a Digitech product, but it's actually a great overdrive pedal for the price.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 22, 2012,
Quote by al112987
Easily the Bad Monkey... $10? Come on. Not trying to get you down here, but a Bad Monkey sounds better in almost any situation. I used to make fun of them for the ridiculous name and being a Digitech product, but it's actually a great overdrive pedal for the price.

+1. they aren't half bad, especially for the price. i don't run mine i like my OD's better, but $15 for a bad monkey to a $1XX OD for a different manufacturer puts it in comparison.

if you were to run a green rhino or a OD808, i have a feeling you would realize that there is much better out there, but NOTHING touches the price of the bad monkey.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Shoulda got a Klon.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by trashedlostfdup
NOTHING touches the price of the bad monkey.

I disagree. I have owned both the Bad Monkey and The Joyo Vintage OD and the Joyo is miles better plus its $10 cheaper !