Hello,

I recently put on Ernie Ball Regular Slinky strings, and think they sounds amazing on my guitar. I still play like crap though :p. I've read on the internet they only last a few weeks before becoming dull.Anyone found this? I usually can only play an hour a day. So, i'm sure that will be a factor in them lasting longer.
*reported* for wrong forum, this isn't a technique.

Also: if you wipe down your hands before playing and clean your strings with a lint-free cloth when you're done they last longer.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I love them. I get pretty good tone for quite a while. I change my strings about once a month, regardless, but I don't notice much of a drop in quality.
I love them too. Best strings I've ever played with, and I've tried a few different ones out. Always go back to the Ernie Balls.
People here come from all parts of the guitar spectrum. People who play a bunch of chords but never really do solos won't really know.
Ernie ball strings have a bit of a looser tension making them seem a bit more loose than other strings like D addario or DR strings which have a high tension.

I love Ernie ball
They get the Job done. Recording it's GHS only. Everything else I could care less with, unless I jam with someone really amazing. But they have or had to be famous.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I prefer D'addario's. however I believe this is the wrong place dude
yep, D'addarios are much better,
I think Ernie Balls suck, lose tone so quick
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
yep, D'addarios are much better,
I think Ernie Balls suck, lose tone so quick

Interesting, I couldn't make a set of D'addarios last a week, literally. Put a fresh set on one weekend, by the next I'd have at least one snapped string. Switched to Ernie Balls and never had any snapping problems since. This was a few years ago, still using EB's now, been using the RPS type lately as the mounting screws in my Jazzmaster bridge tend to rub the skinny strings at the ball end causing them to unwind. 11-48 Eb standard tuning.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
I bought a 6 pack of Slinkys a few months ago from Musician's friend for 20 bucks. Every set lasted less than a few days . I ended up going back to D'Addarios .
I used to use Ernie Balls, but they rusted to quickly. I then changed to Dunlop. But now i have a new guitar which the shop restrung before i got it and i really like these strings, they are definitively not ernie balls. I'm going to find out at the weekend what he used.
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I used to use Ernie Balls, but they rusted to quickly. I then changed to Dunlop. But now i have a new guitar which the shop restrung before i got it and i really like these strings, they are definitively not ernie balls. I'm going to find out at the weekend what he used.

ever try a wrist band? that might help with the rusting bro.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Used them for 10 years.

Recently swapped to D'addarios, much better strings.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
decent strings at a good price. Tend to wear out fast but the price makes this acceptable. I prefer these on my guitar but like exliers every now and then
GuitarMoose.com StickyGrip Guitar Picks
Elixir Phosphor Bronze Guitar Strings
Takamine EG523SCB
Michael Kelly Spalted Maple
Blueridge BG 160
Bedell MB 28 G
Bedell TBCE 28 G