Hey folks, I recently got a generous 100$ check from my Aunt and Uncle for my birthday, and have been looking at purchasing a digitech digital reverb pedal, since my vox night train doesn't have a reverb unit. I play a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughan, Chicago, classic rock, reggae, stuff like that, and I've been wondering if I should go for getting a reverb pedal for my mellower playing. Thoughts?
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
Why not, it's your money.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I would say go for it. Reverb is really nice for filling out your sound and making it sound more ambient and dynamic. It's especially nice if you are playing alone, since you don't have a band to fill out your sound. It's best to avoid a lot of reverb if you're looking for a really tight sound, such as modern metal, but for clean stuff, low gain stuff, medium gain stuff, and even some high gain classic metal, reverb is often used.

If I were you, I would go for an EHX Cathedral Reverb. I was eyeing one for quite a while, but then the amp I bought ended up having built-in reverb, so I decided to wait.
Quote by I K0nijn I
I'd rather get a delay than a reverb, but that's just me.

I believe the Cathedral has Delay built in as well. I personally find delay a bit digital/fake sounding, not to mention annoying in some cases. It's easy to overuse or to use it to cover up bad playing. It drives me insane when kids think "oh, if I play with my delay on full blast then it makes my playing sound super fast!" No. It doesn't. It has it's uses, and many players use it well, but I prefer reverb because it sounds a bit more natural to me. Then again, I'm kinda old school when it comes to that stuff. I don't really like tons of reverb either. For me, subtle use is key. People shouldn't notice you're using reverb unless you're trying to make them feel like they're in a cave or something.
Quote by Blktiger0
I believe the Cathedral has Delay built in as well. I personally find delay a bit digital/fake sounding, not to mention annoying in some cases. It's easy to overuse or to use it to cover up bad playing. It drives me insane when kids think "oh, if I play with my delay on full blast then it makes my playing sound super fast!" No. It doesn't. It has it's uses, and many players use it well, but I prefer reverb because it sounds a bit more natural to me. Then again, I'm kinda old school when it comes to that stuff. I don't really like tons of reverb either. For me, subtle use is key. People shouldn't notice you're using reverb unless you're trying to make them feel like they're in a cave or something.

I depends on the genre(s) you play as well, in my opinion. I love a lot of delay or reverb when it's ambient stuff or experimental music, but you can't go and turn reverb all the way up for classic rock. :P But I get where you're coming from.