Just finished my latest project.

This was my first guitar. I bought it in 03. Originally this Strat had a Seymour Duncan Invader bridge humbucker and a volume knob. Thats it.

I decided to liven it up a bit with some Dimarzio Single coils. It now has the Seymour Duncan Invader, a Area 67, and a Injector Neck. Yeah, Duncans and Dimarzios on the same guitar. They're angled to give warmer highs and chunkier lows, and the pole pieces line up with the strings a little better. It's all wired up with a 5-way auto split and I added a tone control too.

I repainted the guitar white with a dash of pearl. It contrasts nicely with the black carbon fiber. I made it myself out of real 3mm carbon twill weave panel. It's a very time consuming project. Lots of measuring, aligning, cutting, grinding, sanding, finishing.... yeah. One thing to note (if you're thinking of trying this) is carbon fiber is easily scratched. The epoxy resin is not very hard. So you MUST give it many coats of clear laquer or urethane finish. The carbon weave shifts as you look at it from different angles, similar to curly maple tops. That along with the pearl white body and abalone knobs make it one good looking guitar.

It sounds awesome too. The Dimarzios have really good output for being single coils. They have great playability with amazing clarity, and they're hum canceling. The Invader/67 auto split gives quite an interesting sound. Dimarzio and Duncan working together is pretty wild. Chunky and grainy, but without too much distortion. Almost sounds like there is a wah or phaser effect just from the pickups. lol. I'll post up a sound sample soon.
Let me know what you think.

-Tony
Last edited by X-plorer88 at Feb 21, 2012,
It looks nice!
Edit: Do you want to make me a SG small-pick guard?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Last edited by Most_Triumphant at Feb 21, 2012,
That looks SO much better than i expected it to look.

How come the front of the cavity was routed upwards like that?

Nice kitty btw
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Looks like so he could angle the pickup.

+1

sorta looks like jake e. lee's charvel
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
Quote by Explorerbuilder

Good point.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Most_Triumphant
It looks nice!
Edit: Do you want to make me a SG small-pick guard?

Lol, It'll cost you more than I'd guess you're willing to spend. It's just so time consuming on my end.
PM if you're serious.

Quote by Explorerbuilder

This.

-Tony