Page 1 of 4
I really wish they made a stratocaster with a 12" radius or better yet, 16.
I don't want to go out and buy a warmoth neck separately.

They definitely should sell a lot more spare replacement necks of all kinds of radius's.

They should also make more simple guitars!
For example:
Strat body no pickuard
1 humbucker
1 volume knob
no tone knob
Fixed bridge
DONE!
Plenty of those strats running around. Not "fender" necessarily but I see single pickup single volume strats every now and then. Sounds like you should just look into a custom carvin.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I think all guitars should come with built in reverb

Who plays without reverb?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Don't some of the American Strats come with a 12" fretboard? You might want to look into something like a Charvel, I've seen a lot of them similar to what you want, and the necks seem a tad Strat-ey.

EDIT: Maybe not Charvel. But probably Carvin and even Kramer.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Feb 21, 2012,
I wish there were more cheap American made guitars with cheaper finishes, hardware, less fancy specs. Although I may be in the minority I would much rather have a cheap guitar made in America by workers who were being treated well rather than a fancy looking guitar covered in abalone with EMGs that was made in a sweatshop in Asia. I think it would be great if every company made something similar to Gibson's Melody Maker series.

Edit: Fender could make an Esquire series. You'd have a choice of a Strat, Tele or Jazzmaster body, each shape would have the same 21 fret maple neck with a CBS Strat headstock. Every guitar would have "Fender Esquire Series" and no model name so the same necks can be used on each guitar. Each guitar would have only a Telecaster bridge pickup and a volume knob and they'd all have a top loading, six saddle bridge like on the Squier 51. Finally every model would be available in three colors butterscotch blonde, black and candy apple red. Each color would come with a black pickguard and they'd sell for about the same price as a Gibson Melody Maker.
Last edited by fuzzpedal at Feb 21, 2012,
guitar companies that lurk popular guitar forums for good ideas from aspiring guitarists.
OK, I'll play:

I think all Strats should have 22 fret necks and all SuperStrats should have 24 fret necks.

And Fender should have CarbonFiber necks available for the same price, in any radius you want.

And the Fender Custom Shop USA should make anything you want, like the Schecter custom shop, but at MIM Standard prices.

Hey, this is fun!
TS, you just described Jackson & Charvel. Check them out.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by supersac
more lefty guitars...

quoted for truth. It can be a big pain. What makes it worse is right handed players saying "oh, just learn right handed" when the thought of themselves having to learn to play opposite handed never even enters their mind. Seriously, stfu.

-left handed players.
1. Nitro finishes!!!! You get a cool look over time, and the guitar ages properly. It's why I bought my Highway One.

2. Big-bodied strats and teles for tall/fat people. Kind of like the Buckethead Les Paul.

3. Bring back the Guitorgan!

4. A way to stop the damn feedback from Gretsch hollowbody guitars.

5. More amps with wheels.
Quote by francesco18
All black Stratocaster with block inlays and 1 neck single coil and 1 bridge humbucker..alder body, mahogany neck and ebony fingerboard...and with a killswitch and piezo system too.

you can get pretty close with a Charvel/Jackson, not sure about the mahogany neck though and the ebony board

then you have the JP6 which has piezo and is an amazing guitar, i don't remember what woods it if made of. although the it isn't quite to the strat shape.

also IMO body woods don't make nearly enough difference as people make them out to be. sure maple, rosewood, have their different kind of fell/sound to them. but a mahogany neck vs a maple neck isn't all that huge based off of my experience.

what you want if you NEEDED everything would probaby need to be customized/ or custom shop.

you can get close with other models if you let go on other options. IMO the wood requirement would be what i eliminate (other than fretboard wood). may have to give up a little bit on shape depending on what you are looking for.

or you could get a neck and body from warmouth/carvin and get exactly what you want. its not cheap though, depending on features.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Easy plug in pickups. That would be awesome
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
Music Man Lukes have a 12" fret board and they are basically HSS Strats.... but better.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by smithmetal
Easy plug in pickups. That would be awesome

some EMG's are completely solderless from the pickup to the pot switch everything.

i don't know if all are, but i haven't been in the market for EMG's in a long time. 7-8 years ago maybe. mine weren't solderless though
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
some EMG's are completely solderless from the pickup to the pot switch everything.

i don't know if all are, but i haven't been in the market for EMG's in a long time. 7-8 years ago maybe. mine weren't solderless though

I hope that's the future for all guitars. That would be a lot of guitarists dream. To just swap out pickups on a whim.
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
Quote by smithmetal
I hope that's the future for all guitars. That would be a lot of guitarists dream. To just swap out pickups on a whim.

i actually prefer soldering them myself. i feel that is is more reliable, and that a plug won't come loose. but i am sure it is great for some.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i actually prefer soldering them myself. i feel that is is more reliable, and that a plug won't come loose. but i am sure it is great for some.

This. If you know how to solder properly, wiring a new pickup can take a few minutes.

What I hate, however, is screwing those assholes into pickguards.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by trashedlostfdup

+1. A good solder connection is a lot more "stable" than a plug in cable.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by cdr_salamander
This. If you know how to solder properly, wiring a new pickup can take a few minutes.

What I hate, however, is screwing those assholes into pickguards.

+1 depending what you are doing can change the game a little though. pickup swap 5 minutes or less. if you are doing the pots, caps, etc. it will take a little longer and is slightly more confusing. bottom line is get different colors of wire beyond the typical white, green, black, red, etc. they are just easier to follow around if it gets a little involved.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
gallagerfan
5. More amps with wheels.

Quote by micromountain37
HOLY CRAP THIS

are you incapable of putting casters on an amp? $15 and 16 screws would take 5 minutes to install.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 22, 2012,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
+1 depending what you are doing can change the game a little though. pickup swap 5 minutes or less. if you are doing the pots, caps, etc. it will take a little longer and is slightly more confusing. bottom line is get different colors of wire beyond the typical white, green, black, red, etc. they are just easier to follow around if it gets a little involved.

I use orange wire

Looks weird as hell though.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I use orange wire

Looks weird as hell though.

nice. i have probably 50'+ of maybe 8 different colors, mind it is mainly used for building amps. i like being able to identify instantly and not chase the wire around.

the all orange must be badass.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
gallagerfan

are you incapable of putting casters on an amp? $15 and 16 screws would take 5 minutes to install.

yep.
Fender MIM makes the Deluxe Player Strat- 12" fretboard.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by RGallagherFan
yep.

why? are you incapable of using drill or a screw driver?

even a screwdriver with a bit of muscle behind it will get the screws in.

find a friend to do it, hope you know somebody who is not competent.

i do not mean to be rude but that is a task almost every guitarist will need for something or another. whether its taking the back off of an amp to rewire impedence or to swap speakers. what would you do if you were to swap speakers?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Screw soldering- I wish pickups connected to guitars like Lego bricks. You could swap out in seconds (after loosening the strings, of course).

If they worked like that, active pickups could come with rechargeable batteries installed. Just take 'em out and plug 'em in for a few hours...good to go.

Oh yeah...and no screws necessary.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
All these people that won't take the time to pick up a soldering iron and learn how to use it... So sad.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Screw soldering- I wish pickups connected to guitars like Lego bricks. You could swap out in seconds (after loosening the strings, of course).

If they worked like that, active pickups could come with rechargeable batteries installed. Just take 'em out and plug 'em in for a few hours...good to go.

Oh yeah...and no screws necessary.

its out there. firebird X. has rechargeable batteries, i think its got wireless as well, meshes with a major DAW supposedly easily and can generate about anything you would ever want. but they aren't cheap and are ugly as hell.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by cdr_salamander
All these people that won't take the time to pick up a soldering iron and learn how to use it... So sad.

+1 sad. also how long to 9v batterys for EMG last, i have been using one on a guitar i play quite often and the battery has been in there for at least 3 years. as long as you remove the cable, the rechargeable thing is pretty much useless. i could see if it went through one monthly, but still.

also i don't think too many guitarists would like to pay to have these features. it would be significantly more expensive for rechargeable batteries because they are not as cheap to produce.

as far as i am concerned at EMG's solderless. i would much rather take the $10 (random figure) and have it in the pocket than a harness for an EMG 81.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by cdr_salamander

+3

And sad how many people can't carve out a cavity for a proper battery compartment for active pups. Control cavity or trem cavity battery storage is so lame and unprofessional.
Quote by takachan
I really wish they made a stratocaster with a 12" radius or better yet, 16.
I don't want to go out and buy a warmoth neck separately.

They definitely should sell a lot more spare replacement necks of all kinds of radius's.

They should also make more simple guitars!
For example:
Strat body no pickuard
1 humbucker
1 volume knob
no tone knob
Fixed bridge
DONE!

suhr has 12-16 radius.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer

i forgot i still owned this... lol. it was under the knife then though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Drink Holders
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
kill-switches as standard.

strap-lock compatible strap buttons (some companies do this, most don't)

a case worth no less than 1/10th the price of the guitar as standard

quick-access battery compartments.

I know all these things exist, for some companies at least, but it would be awesome if they were standard on guitars I actually want
Quote by halfstacked
Drink Holders

nice

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by supersac
more lefty guitars...

This is EXACTLY what I came in here to say. The discrimination against left handed players is criminal. Our choices are limited to almost nothing except Schecters.

Quote by griffin888
quoted for truth. It can be a big pain. What makes it worse is right handed players saying "oh, just learn right handed" when the thought of themselves having to learn to play opposite handed never even enters their mind. Seriously, stfu.

-left handed players.

Also, this. I despise how close-minded some people can be about the way we play. Every time someone tells me I should just learn to play backwards, I reply with "You try playing backwards then. That's how it feels to me playing right handed".
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Feb 22, 2012,
Page 1 of 4