Today the FedEx man brought me a ESP LTD Phoenix 204. It feels and plays great, love the neck. However in the mix with my band its hot probably to hot. Debating on sending it back and getting a Squier Mustang. My main bass is a Ibanez AGB200 and Id like to get another short scale. But at the same time I think I should shoot for something with a mini humbucker I think thats what really gives the Ibanez its tone.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to tone it down a bit? Like I said I like how it plays and sounds, maybe use as my d-tuned bass for our heavier songs?
Current Gear
Ibanez AGB200
Epiphone ET-280(with Dean Hillsboro Single guts and pup)
Epiphone EB-0

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien Krueger 410 MBE
MXR Fuzz Deluxe
MXR Analog Chorus
Dunlop CryBaby 105Q
Boss TU-2
define 'hot'
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Lower the pickups by about 1mm.

Use lighter strings or switch to half-rounds.

Turn down the volume to about 7/10

Any/all of these not work? Change pickups.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
First of all thanks for all the response's. I posted this same thread yesterday at the forum that it seemed everyone jump ship to, a few hours early even. And I guess because its not a high end instrument no one really give a poo.

Define hot? Hot is it seems to have alot more boost than any other active bass Ive ever owned. Then again though, every other active bass Ive owned had a active eq not pups.

I know there was some tinkering options heck, maybe just a few mild button push's on my amp. I just didnt have time yesterday, and thought Id pick some brains before I got to it this morning to be able to have some ideas in my head already when I did start messing with it.

Thanks again I love forums where people respond to more than just the high end or specific low end gear.
Current Gear
Ibanez AGB200
Epiphone ET-280(with Dean Hillsboro Single guts and pup)
Epiphone EB-0

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
Gallien Krueger 410 MBE
MXR Fuzz Deluxe
MXR Analog Chorus
Dunlop CryBaby 105Q
Boss TU-2
If it is too hot, surely you could just turn the volume pot down on the bass?
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!