Hey guys,
I started uni this week and I need a pair of decent headphones to use for pretty much everything, I'm doing majors in Sound and Radio and a minor in screen production so I need some that will be good enough to suit all of those (ie. not just a pair that's good for rock music etc.) Oh and my budget is only about $100-$120 US (sorry)

Any help would be hugely appreciated guys
I would recommend you look at the AKG K series. I have K77's and love them, and I hear the more expensive ones are even nicer. Mine have a nice flat response that reacts really nicely to EQing. They also do a pretty good job of keeping the heaphone noise in your ears and all other noise out without being too extreme about it. If there's no sound coming through them you can still hear, and if you've got music cranked full blast in them, it's gonna bleed out some.
The Yamaha RH10MS headphones have a flat response... $100... but what I like most about these is that they have a 3D sound technology that envelopes the ear without it sounding like it's pounding directly into the ear. I can use them for hours without feeling ear/sound fatigue.
Quote by andrerist
bose triports. kick ass quality at a relatively low price

bose's make ads, so their overpriced..
My friend's Beyers are nice, and AKG's are awsome..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I have a pair of the sennheisers... Forget which model, but they were around $115. I like them a lot. Great sound quality, and comfortable to wear for extended lengths of time when you're doing mixing and other assorted geekery.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I highly recommend the shure srh440's. Great frfr sound and are very durable. Theyre only about $80 on amazon.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
+1 for AKGs

I've got some K244s and love them though they cost me a bit more than $120.
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby