Anyone get their hands on one of these? I'm considering getting one for multiple reasons; YouTube reviews make it sounds pretty badass(rob chappers review in particular), in my price range, it's size and 15 watts. It's all I need, simple/ small/ and 15 watts is all the loudness I want.
Any thoughts, objections, opinions before I buy this thing?
I play metal stuff, and got an ESP viper btw
From what I've heard you could probably boost it to get into that tight metal range. They have plenty of gain on tap but it sounds really vintage voiced.
Its tight enough without a boost for most metal and has plenty of gain on tap. If you play metal and only metal then grab this amp, ots an impressivee little thing. My buddy bought one and I was seriousy impressed by it
I have got the dark terror couple of monthsa ago and with my 1 x 12 Orange cab and I love it a lot!!
Quote by Seanthesheep
Its tight enough without a boost for most metal and has plenty of gain on tap. If you play metal and only metal then grab this amp, ots an impressivee little thing. My buddy bought one and I was seriousy impressed by it

I disagree, it's definitely not tight enough unless you can boost it. It's a little bit loosey goosey unless you can crank it some.
I love mine to death (even though I have already semi-retired it), but I would not want to play without my OD-pedal for an extended period of time.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Well my buddys 7 string wasplenty tight through it without a boost.

Maybe its cuz I dont like ultra tight tones but its enough to handle a 7 string with pretty good clarity on the low B
Thanks for the input, I'm just so paranoid with amps i haven't tested. And if it isn't tight enough, an overdrive is always an option
Not going to be particularly tight if you are playing with a drummer, esp if he hits the skins hard. To keep up with a loud drummer you are going to be getting a fair amount of power tube breakup, not exactly what you'd want for modern metal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
if 15 watts is all you need then this should do the trick. Like others have said it'll get the job done. If you need it any tighter, boost it. I would also take a look at the Mini Rec if you're down to save a little longer.
Over on the Orange forums, the guys with Dark Terrors have nothing but good things to say about the amp! Go for it!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite