Hey guys I have only one footpedal atm which is the BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2 pedal and I was wondering what Overdrive pedals do you guys use reguarlly?

Also I am looking for a Delay pedal that is easy to use and sounds great.

I have a good Amp also that does all of these things but using a footswitch just is a little bit boring and doesnt allow you to use more than 2 - 3 different tones.

Cheers!
We're gonna need a bit more info than that.

Genres?
Budget?
Current gear?
Nearest city?
New, used?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I've got a Fulltone Fulldrive and a TC flashback delay
Both are awsome to use, (mainly used for Blues/funk/solo's what i play with my band)
Really doesnt matter on the price but if its a must i would say no more than £50 each and any genre i play all sorts, thanks for the reply!

and cheers Robje2000 i'll check them out cheers for the reply!
Can you please try to be more specific? There is way too much gear out there, and too many different kinds of music for us to really suggest anything helpful without knowing more about what you want.

Quote by Eppicurt
We're gonna need a bit more info than that.

Genres?
Budget?
Current gear?
Nearest city?
New, used?

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thats the thing I play heavy metal so im looking for something that will fufill these needs, the reason i made this thread is to see what you guys are using really so I can go check them out at my local guitar shop really, sorry for the misunderstanding should of mentioned that at the start :P
what's your amp?

not to be paranoid or anything, but when you say you have a good amp but then don't name it, it makes me think maybe you don't have a good amp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I play metal. When I was checking up on delay pedals I heard the Boss DD-2 was a good pedal. Something to do with the circuit board used in it being better than their dsp chip on modern efforts. Early DD-3 pedals used the same board. Other than that, there's the mega pricey Nova Delay pedal by TC Electronic and HT Delay by Blackstar. Also heard good things about Digitech's Hardwire series of pedals.
I mainly use an Ibanez TS-9 and I love it. If I want a bit more fuzzy tone I've got a Boss DS-2 to cut through in solos and stuff.
Quote by Furegious
I play metal. When I was checking up on delay pedals I heard the Boss DD-2 was a good pedal. Something to do with the circuit board used in it being better than their dsp chip on modern efforts. Early DD-3 pedals used the same board. Other than that, there's the mega pricey Nova Delay pedal by TC Electronic and HT Delay by Blackstar. Also heard good things about Digitech's Hardwire series of pedals.

Hey thanks for the reply i have a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT amp pal
Quote by Boz0r
I mainly use an Ibanez TS-9 and I love it. If I want a bit more fuzzy tone I've got a Boss DS-2 to cut through in solos and stuff.

Awsome man I'll check it out Cheers
Quote by Furegious

Yeah me too I play metal mate so this is a big help cheers
a ts9 isn't going to work with your valvetronix (to get a metal tone, anyway). you use a ts as a boost with a valve amp to boost the crap out of the first couple of gain stages to make them distort more. if you try that with an SS amp you only get more volume (if you're lucky) or solid state distortion (if you're not, because it sounds like ass).

this is why you need to tell us everything. and the people advising random stuff to get without even knowing your rig are just as bad EDIT: actually probably worse- you're at least asking for advice, they're trying to give it

does your valvetronix have any "clean" or "line" models? (i know my mini3 does, but i haven't actually tried it with pedals )

honestly your best bet is probably to work with what you have in terms of the amp models. there's a fair chance they'll sound better than pedals. and will cost a lot less. your amp should have delay built into it.

there's no point in spending money for the sake of it. or if you are going to spend it, save it up until you can buy something worthwhile. I know that's no fun but it really is the best option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 22, 2012,
^ +1 to all of that. Especially the bit about giving us all the info we need, and people recommending stuff without it. We have the new gear stickies for a reason. To help us help you as much as possible.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X

If it sounds like I'm scolding, I'm not. We've made these mistakes ourselves and are trying to prevent you from making the same ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
VT is a good amp, huh? We live in very different worlds.

Anyway, with that you are going to want the pedal to create the distortion, you aren't going to get anywhere nice just boosting the amp. So with that in mind:
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Adam12324
Yeah me too I play metal mate so this is a big help cheers

Forgot you asked what types of pedal we use too!

I currently have a multi-effects unit, the Boss GS-10. It's excellent for clean tones and some experimental stuff. The distortion side of things are a bit weak. I recently got an HT-Blackfire tube pedal which is for higher distortion metal sounds, both with it's Fire channel, for rhythm, and Fure channel for Lead.

Was originally going to go for the HT-Dual, though seeing as how I got a Blackstar HT-5 amp, there was not much point going for it, as I could basically get the same sounds from it.