Hi,
I want to buy a new distortion pedal and I have 3 of them which I like, but I don't know what to choose. My options are:
1) Boss MT-2 Metal Zone 3
2) MXR M115 Distortion III
3) Boss ME-25 Multieffect

I know the Multieffect has a lot of more options than only a distortion, but I just want another bunch of effects, so that's why it's in the list.

I play a lot of different music, it doesn't need to fit with just 1 genre.

Sorry for spelling/grammar mistakes and thanks in advance for some advice!
Have a nice day!
Out of those I have only tried the Metal Zone, and I would advise against using it. It really just adds fizz which to inexperienced ears sounds something like a distorted guitar.

My housemate has the ME70 which I assume is similar, and the distortion on that is alright. I wouldn't describe it as good but it's certainly better than the Metal Zone.

If you need extra effects as well I would say go for the ME25, but then I have no idea how good the MXR one is.

What amp are you using by the way?
What genres do you play? More specifically, what bands have tone you'd like to get close to?

What is your budget?

Where are you located?

What gear do you have already?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What genres do you play? More specifically, what bands have tone you'd like to get close to?

What is your budget?

Where are you located?

What gear do you have already?

I don't have a budget yet, but I just want some advice. For my gear and other stuff, look at my profile.
Effects would be pretty pointless since you already have a modeler. On top of that, the sound wouldn't be ideal - pedals tend to "conflict" with solid state modelers.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^pedals won't sound all the great with a modeling amp. but, if you really want to try it, give the MXR fullbore metal a shot. really awesome pedal but its a one trick pony. all metal, all the time.

whatever you get, just run it over the cleanest channel possible on the amp with nothing else going (no reverb or anything)
Quote by andrerist
^pedals won't sound all the great with a modeling amp. but, if you really want to try it, give the MXR fullbore metal a shot. really awesome pedal but its a one trick pony. all metal, all the time.

whatever you get, just run it over the cleanest channel possible on the amp with nothing else going (no reverb or anything)

Thanks for the info!
The only advise is if you want a dirty sound, metal zone wont' fit u
If you're rockin a Cube (i've owned one) the best advice I can give you, is instead of a Distortion Pedal, get a footwitch for your amp: http://www.roland.com/products/en/FS-6/
which will allow you to swap between the clean and dirty channel, and EFX on/Off... if your dead set on a Distortion Pedal, I have not used the others on the list minus the Boss MT-2, I use it in conjunction with a NS-2 to eliminate extra sound, but if you're interested in hearing how it sounds, send me a message and I can send you a link to some recordings.