Hey guys

Just start playing guitar recently and bought an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, i Intend to play some blues rock kind of music i have about £200 (slighly flexible) to buy an amp and efects if needed dont know....

So what should i do? i saw the line 6 amps that come already with loads of efects like the spider IV, is that any good to start?? or what would you recomend

and by the way any one could recomend a good book with exercises to learn how to play guitar??

Thanks for your help
i would look around for a solid state rather than a digital like the line 6s are. the simpler set up you have the easier its going to be to get a good sound from it. You dont need all the effects right away so dont worry about that. I would look into one of the fender models.
The line 6 will do you fine. Though its generally hated on here. Its one of those love to hate it things.

I recommend the Peavey Vyper. Its like the Line 6, but has more sounds, effects and features and is considered better generally. Same kind of as the line 6 to.

The Vox VT is a fancier version of the same kind of amp. Very nice amp but a little more expensive.
Go for a Roland Cube amp. Probably the 20xl or 40xl. They sound awesome, and are better than most other modeling amps in that price range. I would take those over a Vyper or Line 6 any day.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Ok so i can get :

Vox VT 40 for £170

Peavey Vyper 30 for £140

Line 6 Spider IV 30 for £140 or the 75 for £200

i can aford any of this wich one is the best for me??/ The vox seems preaty good im more inclined for that one!!!
Vyper 30
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.