Hey, Yesterday I was in our local music shop and they told me my bridge was very very high..
So they loosen all the strings until the bridge was down again, but now I have to tune it over and over again until in would be good enough.
My question is how can I tune the bridge 20 times without raising the bridge ?
thanks !
you have to tighten the springs in the back of it. im suprised your shop didnt tell you that....
its a careful balancing act with a FR.. Takes a bit of practice to get it to behave properly..and time.. but once you do it a few times.. it will become second nature
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
You have to modify the tension on the springs until the tensions of the springs and the strings are in equilibrium. And every time you want to use a different tuning you'll have to do it again.

Not really that hard, it just takes some time.
I have no sig
Stick a block of wood or a flat pencil eraser behind the bridge then tune it up. Once you're tuned up, adjust the spring claw until the block is loose enough to almost fall out. Now you just re-tune, and your bridge should be nice and flat.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
and how do I tighten the springs ? (and how many springs do I need to have there ?)

edit: allright someone can give me the steps to tuning please ?
(I'm new to electric guitar and my english is not as good as yours :P)
Last edited by Elushka1 at Feb 22, 2012,
Quote by Elushka1
and how do I tighten the springs ? (and how many springs do I need to have there ?)

edit: allright someone can give me the steps to tuning please ?
(I'm new to electric guitar and my english is not as good as yours :P)

To tighten the springs there should be a panel on the back of your guitar. Take that off.

then you will see the bottom of your bridge, a metal block, and springs inbetween them.

did that really quickly just so you know what you're looking at.

ok, now to tune it. if you look at the side of your bridge it should look like one of these

If you are at number 1 and your guitar is tuned up, you are perfectly fine, no adjustments needed.

If you are at number 2, your springs need to be tightened. To do so, Tighten the screws in the metal block. Make sure you only do half turns on each one so you can keep them fairly even at all times. Also, make sure you unlock the bolts in the nut.

Tighten them then tune your guitar until you look like number 1.

If you are at number 3, do the exact opposite of number 2. Loosen the screws at half turns until your bridge is flush with the body of your guitar and then tune, and repeat if needed.

Hope this helps, because I did it in a hurry!

good luck
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
you have no idea how much i LOVE YOU !
after something like hour and a half of tuning back and forth again and again..
it is just perfect ! thank you so much !!