Hey UG'ers!

I recently had a go on Pro Tools for the first time. I found that Pro Tools has a really nice way of making drum-tracks. Since I don't have a Mac and have no intentions of buying one, I was wondering if there are any other recording programs that have similar drum machines/emulators? I have some experience with Sonar Cakewalk, but have no further knowledge of recording programs. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
You can get pro tools on pc
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
Cubase and Logic are pretty much the only DAWS that have built in synths worth using, that includes drum machines.

Though saying that I'd still much rather use SD. 2 in reaper any day.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Cubase and Logic are pretty much the only DAWS that have built in synths worth using, that includes drum machines.

Though saying that I'd still much rather use SD. 2 in reaper any day.

I definitely agree with the first part of this, though Ableton Live would be the first choice to program drum parts for electronic/synthesis based music.

I would say though that as long as you can get your head around how your DAW handles the MIDI piano roll and how to create your own kit preset in a sampler your DAW has, it's possible to get great results in any of the major DAWs.

I don't use a drum program, as I just program the drums in Logic with Ultrabeat playing the samples I write in the piano roll, but I liked what I've seen of Superior Drummer 2 and Steven Slate Drums 3 & 4.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Session Drummer in Sonar kicks ass. Studio One's Impact is also pretty good.